Monday, August 23, 2010

BITS-N-PIECES
Today, while uploading pics, I noticed that I have now used up 50% of my alloted photo space on Blogger. It only took me a few months over 5 years to get to that point, so at the end of 2015, I better beware.
*******************************************
Went to the dentist tonight. it was only a followup thing for a small problem I was having that I was unaware of. Apparently, there was a crack, either in the back of a tooth or a filling in a tooth. I don't know which. It was easy-peasy. I spent more time in the waiting room than I did in the chair. He went in with the drill, without numbing it, and I must have gotten some kinda look on my face cause he said, "This'll be real quick and you won't need any novocaine." The drilling was like 20 seconds. he fiddled with it a bit more, and that was it. Badabing badaboom.

I LOVE my new dentist. If anyone's in the area and needs a dentist, I have someone I can recommend! I think I may have mom convinced to visit him.*******************************************
Oh and when I got in the office, he was working on the doctor from where I work! She and I joked around a bit afterwards. Even she commented on how short it took. But seeing her there gave me more confidence in him, as she lives and works over a half hour away. It says something that she'll travel this far to go to him. (yep, 67 years old and she still has a good portion of her own teeth!)
*******************************************
I ate a late lunch at the Mexican place in town Montezuma's. I had run a few errands but brought my book along, and I took that in to read while I ate. Not only was I eating without a companion, I was the ONLY customer in the whole restaurant. Which is unusual, cause every other time I've been there (and there have been many MANY times), there's always been a good batch of customers. But today, it was just me, my book and the salsa and chips. But at least the wait staff was attentive...and quite attractive as well. I'd go as far as to say cute even. One of the perks of eating there, you always have something pleasing to look at.
*******************************************
Been catching a few Dr. Who reruns on BBCAmerica in the afternoons (the David Tennent Doctor episodes), and man they were some great stories. I enjoyed the latest season, but rewatching some of these shows me just how great they USED to be. One can hope it keeps improving each season. And that the newe Torchwood, taking place in America I understand (ugh) will at least be tolerable.
*******************************************
Speaking of the book I'm reading, it's "Luck In The Shadows" by Lynn Flewelling. Nathan was reading this in our hotel room during the Puntabupoolparty, and he descriptions of it intrigued me, so I got it. And man, I am LOVING it! I'm well over 350 pages into it in less than 4 days. The vivid descriptions, lively characters, exciting situations, mysteries keeping one guessing, and action just hooked me almost from the very beginning. Thank God it's the first in a series. I'm glad to know I won't get these character for only one book, but I'll get to read about them again later!
******************************************
And since football season is almost here (YAY!) I give you the following eye candy to wrap up this post:

POLT

No comments: