Thursday, August 05, 2010

Just doin' me then day three, it hit me...

Puntabupoolparty, Day 3 (Sunday)

After a long day at the Puntabupoolparty, the fun and excitement didn't let up. I got up first and showered. Then Nathan woke, wiped the icicles off himself (the a/c didn't really have it THAT cold, Nathan) and got ready. We went for the free breakfast, where Nathan availed himself of the do-it-yourself waffle that I kept avoiding. And then we returned to the room.

A group of us had tentatively decided to do something together, probably Fire Island, but didn't know for sure. But first FDot showed up and we hung out in my room until Tam & Kristin and Harry and Michelle M., showed up as well. Finally deciding we in fact WERE going to Fire Island, we contacted Paul, who brought Justin, and Craig, who couldn't join us initially, but who did join us later.

We made it to the ferry, bought out tickets and hung out until the ferry arrived. It was quite a beautiful day (beautiful weekend in total in fact), and the ferry ride was great, breezy, sunny, fun and not at all seasickness-inducing. We exited the ferry and walked directly to the beach. And despite all the extremely scenic eye candy, I did not break my neck whipping it around to catch all the sights, nor did my head explode from overload.

All of us got our feet wet in the ocean (even though Tam got her's wet inadvertantly). Nathan and Kristin in fact got their whole bodies wet. Nathan took his shirt off but Kristin went in with kapris and t-shirt. This necessitated Tam's statement of "Well, money's meant to be spent." and the buying of new clothes for Kristin.

At the beach, there was much photo-taking and fun. Craiggers joined us there as well. Then we ate at a restaurant, eating all our meals in boxes...seriously, they were served on wooden boxes. Then as it was time to leave, we took the ferry back. Once there, there were many sad goodbyes and hugs as we said adieu to Harry & Michelle M. (who were heading into the city), Justin (who was driving to Princeton) and Paul (who was going home to close his sky lights or brush his cats or listen to the CD I had given him or some such thing). The remaining ones of us returned to our hotel rooms to rest and recover. There was however, still one more surprise awaiting us, but that can wait until the next post.

And now, the photos:


Michelle M. wore a purple shirt just for me...or least that the story I'm telling. But now you can see how pixie-ish she is. Adorable, no?


A slice of Paul, the back of Kristin and Tam and a side of Nathan on the ferry ride over.


Me in the Altantic Ocean. Yeah, that's about as far in as I usually go. And I just in this photo realized how HUGE that shirt is that I'm wearing! Good God, it looks like a bedsheet! Oh and that's Kristin and Nathan behind me.


What's this, Aphrodite rising from the foamy surf as in Greek mythology? Oh, nah, it's just Nathan coming out of the ocean. Easy mistake to make, ya know? Happens all the time I'm sure.


There was DEFINITE sweet eye candy there, especially this buff cutie who was watching over and playing with his cute 3 or 4 year old son/brother. Not that I really cared about the kid, I was more intested in this beauty. And yeah, he brought out the natural stalker in me and my camera.


Harry and Michelle M., such a cute couple, aren't they for posing for me?


Actually though, I took their photo just so I could get this shot over their shoulders of the buff cutie walking behind them.


Nathan and Kristin enjoying the waves.


Oh look, it's Captain Picard and Geordi LaForge strolling Fire Island beach. That Geordi, man he had QUITE the body and ass on him.


Michelle M. & Harry took a sweet, romantic, hand-holding walk up the beach and while doing so, Michelle M. found me this purple shell! I LOVE her nearly as much as I love purple things!


A photo of the beach, showing the clear sky, beautiful water and warm sandy beach.


YAY Craiggers arrived!!! This is us frolicing in the surf...or as much frolicing as two gays who don't like beaches can frolic.


My first attempt at getting us all in one shot during the meal by holding the camera above my head and pointing it towards the other end of the table. Fail.


My second attempt of same shot. Epic fail.


My third attempt, yeah this one would have to do. Craig, Nathan, Kristin, Tam, Paul, Michelle M., Harry, Justin and FDot. Oh and one of the cute waiters! I wonder if Paul and I are at the ends of the table cause we're the biggest queens and royalty always sits at the table ends?

The last post coming soon.

POLT

6 comments:

Paul said...

I'll have you know that I closed the skylights, brushed my cat(there's only 1),listened to the CD, and did laundry then, after all that I passed out.
Great Times!

Tam said...

It was a beautiful day. The beach was gorgeous, the kid was wet. LOL Saying good-bye was sad. :-(

Michelle M. said...

What a gorgeous day that was. That beach was just beautiful. And I DID wear that shirt just for you : D!

(and I should have worn more sunscreen - now I have a weird shirt tan thing going on).

I'm going to pretend that picture of me and Terry doesn't exist.

john said...

Polt, for real, that shirt is HUGE! It is like 3 sizes too big for you.

Tam: I think Kristen went in because she knew it would get her a new outfit.

Nathan reminds me of Ursula Anderss as Honey Ryder. I think it is the white belt.

Anonymous said...

That was a very fun day. And Craig did a great job of ordering up the PERFECT WEATHER for the whole weekend.

I have a few more stalker shots of the straight hottie, Polt. Every once in a while my OCD-ness with the camera bears some fruit :)

I agree with John that your shirt was unnecessarily big.

Michelle -- I honestly have no idea why you don't like that picture of you and Harry. You are adorable and cute in ALL your pictures!

Ray Avito said...

Geordi and Picard! I ROLLED! I'm enjoying the photos from your vacation posts.