Monday, August 16, 2010

Forget about your ex he wasn't good...

Today I've got nothing to do, really, did some laundry, farting around online, walked (or more like swam considering the humidity) to mom's for a short bit, but basically, I'm bored. I mean there's only so much decongesting one man can do in a day, right? So i was on Facebook, trying to think of something exciting, and I thought, "Hey, I wonder if my ex (whom I'll call Mattie) is on Facebook?"

So I typed his name in and sure enough several profiles came up by his name. But as soon as I saw the one with HIS photo, I knew it was the right one. It's been over ten years since I even saw him last, but I thought what the hell, and sent a friend request. I kinda wondered what he was up to. And plus, the one photo of him I could see, he still looked pretty hot. And the only way I could check out his other photos was to friend him.

A few hours later, he accepted my friend request. I hurried clicked on his profile and went to the photos...and found out he was in a relationship with someone. Someone kinda cute too. And I almost immediately had pangs of jealousy. I don't know why though.

I mean, it's not as if I thought we'd get together again (well, maybe a 'for old time's dake hookup, yeah, but date again? Nope!). And it's not like I've known him at ALL these last ten years, so why wouldn't he be in a relationship. He's a good guy, a good lookin' guy, I should have figured he WOULD be.

Still....what a bummer. I don't know why, but it is. I think I'll follow the advice of Soliqueer on Twitter and just click off Facebook and listen to bouncy music. Bouncy music helps in ANY situation!

Actually, what I've really done is set up a Wednesday night hookup with my fuckbuddy Don after work. I say "Fuck Mattie and his cutenss and his cute new boyfriend! I'm gonna fuck Don until I can't even THINK the name Mattie anymore!"

Yeeee-haw!

POLT

3 comments:

john said...

I have to agree, bouncy music does make any situation better.

I've learned the dark side of facebook as well. Now, whenever I get curious, I try to remember the last time and think the better of it.

that's J-O-S-H said...

What I love about your blog most is its subtlety.

Polt said...

Why yes, Joshers, I am nothing if not subtle! Thanks for noticing! :)

HUGS....