Sunday, August 29, 2010

Inside the air was thick with the past...

Friday night, after work, I went to a concert!

One of my coworkers, who I shall call Mauck, plays base in a local band, Thick Shift. (I by the way frequently call it Thift Shaft. Only occasionally by accident.) This concert was going to be the first time they played in public. And they were playing in the town I live in.

So a few months ago, another coworker, whom I'll call Ann, cause that's her name, told me she was going and that I was going with her. I said okay. And then last week another coworker, whom I'll call Chelsea, cause that's her name, invited herself along. And then Friday, the day of the concert, another coworker, whom I'll call Bob, cause that's his name, invited himself along. So the four of us came to my house, then ate at Montezuma's resturant (yum!) and then went to the concert venue, what used to be a small bowling alley and that was still located right across the street from Montezuma's.

Several week's ago, Ann and I decided to get t-shirts made for the concert. We got the band's logo off thier webpage, then went to a custom made t-shirt webpage and put it on a tshirt and ordered them, one for each of us. And between the restaurant and the concert we drove to the local Dollar Store. There, Ann bought a purple lacy bra and white thong. She and Chelsea threw those at Mauck right after the band finished while he was still on stage. HiLARious.

As for the concert itself...well, it wasn't my kinda music. It was heavy and hard and loud and with a LOT a screaming. I could feel the music vibrating up through my feet and legs as well as hear it. And hear it I did, even with cotton balls in my ears. It's not really the type of music I listen to, but, it was played very well. They were really a good band, but just not my type of band. There were about 50 people there in total. And none of us were near the stage we just sat back at tables and couches and watched. Still I had a great time, not only at the concert but with hanging out with all my coworkers as well.

And of couse I got photos!


This Ann and I in our custom made "Thick Shift" tees! Jealous yet?


The band playing. Yeah, the lighting wasn't so good. Nor was the distance.


I zoomed in and....things got no better. See that yellow blotch of color above the green blotch of color over on the left? Well that's my co-worker Mauck.


I tried again apparently at the exact same time that Mauck split himself in two like a cell dividing. But then he reassembled himself into one person. And yeah, my camera skills are quite impressive.


I got the hang of it a bit later and took another one. And this one turned out not so bad, except at the exact moment I took it, Mauck stepped behind the speakers and I didn't get him in the picture. *SIGH*


Ann looking particularly thrilled. I think this reaction was cause of the camera and not the music.


Coworker Bob and and overexposed Chelsea.


Mauck cousin works with us as well. He just started earlier this year. And since he's newer and younger and a bit smaller than Mauck, but with the same last name, we call him Little Mauck. Mauck had a few free t-shirts to give away, just to family, thought, so Little Mauck got one. But we took this photo to show just how much more awesome OUR custom made t-shirts are as opposed to the band's shirts. We rock, Ann and I.


Another cousin of Mauck's was there as well. We took to calling him Mauck 3. So this photo is comprised of Little Mauck, Mauck, and Mauck 3. (It was taken by his wife, and I pilfered it off Mauck's Facebook page. Along with the one below.)


This is all my coworkers that were there. Mike (who came with his wife and teenaged son), Bob, Chelsea, me (obviously, and showing off, once again, the awesome t-shirt), Mauck, Ann, and Little Mauck.

Also, I took a short video so you can get a feel for their music. That's my coworker Mock over on the left, strumming the bass.



And when I pan to the right, the idiot that starts attempting to 'bang her head' is my coworker Chelsea.

POLT

3 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

1. *bass

2. I love Mauck's Deftones owl t-shirt! One of mah favorite album coverz ever!

3. Your t-shirtz remind me of the Venture Bros. logo!

4. I Love rock concertz!

Michelle M. said...

I prefer Thick Shaft! Tee hee.

chelliewhik said...

Goooooo Chelsea!