Saturday, August 07, 2010

Hey little girl on a spending spree i don't come cheap...

I had a coupon from Borders for 25% off, so after work, I decided to stop by and see what I could find. I found a book "Luck In The Shadows" that Nathan had recommended, so I'll give it a shot. And I also found a book I'd waited to come in paperback for months, so I got them both.

While in the store, though, I found Kick-Ass was out. But those things are always kinda expensive at Borders, and I knew Best Buy had it cheaper. SO I went there. And right there, as soon as I walked in the door, it was on display. For ten bucks cheaper than Borders. And right below it on the shelf was an animated film Batman, something about the Red Hood. So I got it as well.

I was hungry and feeling peckish for some fish, so I drove to the mall where they had a Long John Silvers. But since it was a Saturday afternoon, I decided to walk to the mall, see if anything else popped out at me to buy, or to see if my eyes popped outta my head from all that eye candy there. As I was following three particularly lean wife-beatered black guys, we walked passed Payless Shoes, and I remembered that I needed a new pair of sneakers and a new pair of sandals. And since they had a Buy 1 Get Half Off sale, I just got a pair of each.

Then I went to Long John Silvers, got fish and fries, and drove home and ate them.

And the total I spent, in about one hour this afternoon, was less than $100. I rock. And I'm sitting here having eaten the fish, with Kick Ass playing on TV and looking at my spiffy new cheap shoes.

Yeah, life is good.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Wow, if only you were my child. No tears involved. Shopping is hell for us. Sigh. What kind of girl hates shopping? /rant :-) Enjoy your new goodies.

that's J-O-S-H said...

I LOVE THAT SONG FROM "HAIRSPRAY"! IT'S MY DREAM GOAL TO PERFORM IT ON "AMERICAN IDOL" ON SONGS-FROM-MOVIES THEME NIGHT!!!!!