Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am just a pilgrim on this road, boys...

This past Friday I convinced forced A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking to accompany me to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.


Contrary to what Corey and ALCMDPP thought, the movie was pretty damn entertianing. I mean, any movie that takes place in Toronto and shows sites from the city as well as have Asian twin twinkies, with passable hairthing can't be all THAT bad, can it?

Actually, ALCMDPP and I agreed (he despite himself), that the movie was just simply fun. It wasn't a great movie, but it didn't try to be. It was pretentious or self important, or took itself too seriously. It was just, as I said, fun. It was a bit kooky, and a bit out there, but it was still...well fun.

It's got a lot of famous people in minor parts: Chris Evans, Brandon Routh, the guy who played The Punisher, the guy who was the drug dealer in Rules Of Attraction, Macauley Kulkin's brother and others. And for those who care, well there's plenty of eye candy.

I'd recommend the movie if you're just wanting something to veg out to, not have to think about deeply, and want to laugh to sometimes.

POLT

No comments: