Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day one, day one and it already feels like forever...

Puntabupoolparty, Day 1 (Friday)

This day was a travel day for me, going from Harrisburg to NYC on Amtrak and then to the middle of Long Island on the Long Island RailRoad. Craig picked me up there and took me to the hotel. Later, all of those of us already there (Tam, Kristin, FDot, Craiggers, Michelle M. & Harry) met at my hotel room (Party in Room 105!), and then we went to eat at a wonderful Mama Someone-Or-Other's Italian Restaurant. We ate TOO much salad, pasta, and dessert and most of us had several drinks. After that we returned to the hotel, but went to Harry & Michelle's room where we sat around, talked, drank some LaBatt's Blue (thank you, Harry & Michelle!). And then we split up and went our seperate ways, all of us anxious and excited for the next day like little kids on Christmas Eve.

And of COURSE, I got photos.


The huge cabinet in my hotel room. Nice TV, even though I never turned it on once. I had the laptop to entertain me, and of course the last two nights I had Nathan.


The shower curtain. LOVE it! It's like a Psycho curtain! Ya know, it covers everything, but it's got a transparent part where you head is so you can see the freak in his mama's clothes coming at you with a knife! Nice.


Craiggers laying on the bed....this is the first, and unfortunately most probably the last time, I'm ever gonna see Craiggers lying in my bed.


Kristin and Tim, clearly enjoying and as impressed with the room as I was.


Tam, ready to slam the camera out of my hand. But then she realized I wasn't Justin, and she didn't care.


At the restaurant, we ordered Mama's Delight, which fed supposedly 6-8 people, but I think it was more likely able to feed a typical family living in most small European countries. For about a week. It was stuffed shells, baked ziti, lasagna, sausage & peppers and lots of other stuff all smothered in cheese. I'm pretty sure it was also called "Clogged Arteries On A Platter".


You can't get a proper perspective on it's size from the photo alone, so that's my hand for comparison. WOW!


The Puntabupeeps at the meal. Harry and Kristin weren't allowed in this cause they don't have their own blogs and aren't at all cool like the rest of us are.


The almost equally huge desert, of which I had none, since I'm on the diet thingee over at Cocky & Rude.


Amazing how rosy cheeked Craiggers is. That clearly is not his first alcoholic beverage of the evening. Or perhaps its just a reflection off the "Wanton look/make me your love muppet" Canada t-shirt.


Look at us all drinking and taking photos and looking all yellowish. At first I thought it might be the camera, but no, after all the drinks we had, I think the alcohol oozing out of our pores was actually creating a haze in the room.


My room was 105, the deaf roof apparently, because it had a doorbell. Which everyone rang. And then had to knock because no one answered the door. The doorbell didn't make noise, it flashed some bright lights on the walls, especially in the bathroom. With all the lights and mirrors and tile and stuff in there, it looked like Studio 54 circa 1978 in there. Sans Truman Capote, Cher, Liza and all the cocaine. Even so, on Sunday night, Nathan and I paid some kid from a nearby room $10 to stand outside and push it, had my iTunes set to play ABBA, KC & the Sunshine Band and Donna Summer, and danced the night away.

POLT

5 comments:

Paul said...

All that food looks so good, how did you guys possibly eat anything the rest of the weekend?

Anonymous said...

Everybody is so mean to me about my socially-inappropriate picture-taking!!! *pouts*

somewhere said...

looks like you all had a great time the night before!!!! I kinda wish I had been there, but then I would have missed out on the terrifying drive Adam had in store!

john said...

So many posts and photos to keep up with and we haven't even gotten to Justin's pics yet!

I have to admit, that pic of Tam does look like it could curdle milk, but she is so nice in person!

I think we may need to blow that picture of Craig up to life size and make you a Natalie Portmanesque husband.

Michelle M. said...

I was thinking the SAME thing about that shower curtain! That was a fun night - Craig did a great job picking out the restaurant (and lying on the bed - sexy!).

word verification - geriziti. Pasta for old people. Probably somewhere in that big plate of cheezy goo you guys ate.