Thursday, July 12, 2012

Call me in three months time, I'll be fine (Part 16)...

THURSDAY THREE

So, with an extended heatwave this past week, throwing temps up to and above 100 degrees, and which only decided to break in the last two days, let's see what three things made my life more livable this week:

1) Air conditioning

2) Ceiling fans

3) Floor fans


Cause I had to use all three, sometimes at once.  And without them, I'd be nothing more than a puddle of melted Polt.  And that's something ain't no one wants to see.

What made your life more livable this week?

POLT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want a fan that will cool things down? Go to wally-world - for $40 it's an all metal floor fan. This sucker moves air!

Michelle M. said...

It finally started heating up out here. We turned the AC on for the first time yesterday.

Mine would be going out to dinner and not having to cook in the hot weather.

Mark said...

The AC also. I can stand a little heat, but 98 degrees with a heat index of 112 is too much. But what really made it livable was my new bedroom AC with remote control, so when I woke up and felt chilly, I just grabbed the remote and raised the temp a few degrees. Love It!

Tam said...

It was stinking hot in Calgary. They never get that hot so my cousin had no a/c but it gets really cold at night even if hot in the day so luckily with fans we were usually bundled under blankets by morning.

It was nice for us to have some home-cooked meals on vacation, my cousin made us bbq burgers and pork chops and pasta salad and even just sandwiches the way we like them was a treat from meal after meal in restaurants.