Wednesday, July 04, 2012

And it feels like the first time....

I just realized, 15 years ago, right now, I was in Toronto for the very first time!


My friend Mark and I went up to meet his friend Paul, who had come over from Michigan.  Mark asked me along just like a month beforehand.  He said it would make everything cheaper if we split it three ways instead of two.  I had never wanted to go to Toronto, but I hadn't taken a vacation in the year I had been working on my job, and so I thought, eh, why not?

Fell in love with the place from the very start.  Even before I saw all the cute hot guys and the gay strip club Remingtons.  And I made 15 trips there total over the next 12 years.  And I wouldn't have made any of them if I hadn't so enjoyed it the first time around.

And it all started, 15 years ago this week.

POLT

No comments: