Friday, August 30, 2013

Did it all for the nookie, so you can take that cookie....

Last month, I participated in the Christmas In July Crafty Gift Exchange.  It was where we were assigned a person to give a gift to and whatever we sent them had to be made by us, not bought.  I loved the idea, but God knows I am not a crafty person.  But I thought perhaps I could make some cookies or treats for my recipient.  Course, I can't really cook.  So I said something to Mom.  And she was all excited to help.

So I went to her place on Sunday (as she's got all the cookie baking stuff there and I have...well, nothing to bake cookies with at my place), and we made the cookies.  Two batches of cookies were made, chocolate chip and snickerdoodles.  And then I packaged them up and mailed them off.

And yes, I DID do most of the work with it, cause it was my project.  But I knew not everyone would believe this to be true.  So during the process of making them, I had mom take pictures.  See below:

Everything set up and ready to start.

Rolling out the snickerdoodles.
 
Roll the snickerdoodles in the cinnamon.

Putting the chocolate chip dough on the tray.

Apron-clad and chocolate chip cookie doughed!

Packing up the cookies in the tin.

I tried some of the cookies while baking them, as you do, and can attest that they were pretty delicious.  And if you check out the POST on Cocky & Rude, you'll see the photo of what remained of my cookies.  As well as what everyone else sent and recieved.

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, see, you wish you had my skills. I'm pretty good at coming up with stuff and I've usually got the things on hand to make em' with.

Michelle M. said...

Oh my god, look at you making cookies! Cuteness overload!