Sunday, August 25, 2013

Never never on a Sunday....

Today, as are most Sundays, was a day for Mom and me.  We went to Chambersburg to eat lunch.  Mom had gone a few weeks ago with some friends of hers to a restaurant up there called Rosalie's Fabulous Grill.  And Fabulous is was!  As soon as we entered, the smell overtook me: wood-fired, oven fresh, baked bread.  Yummy.  Just smelling that made me want to come back again later.

The bread was delectable.  The salad, the pasta the meatballs were all amazing.  The spaghetti sauce, frankly, left something to be desired.  It was bland and relatively tasteless, unlike everything.  But mom said everything about her fettucini alfredo was perfect.  And for eye candy, there was a bus boy, early 20's, black, bubble butt, tats on his arms, cute as all get out.    So all in all, a great experience.  Can't wait to go back.

Afterwards, we went to Target, Lowe's and Wal-Mart, before heading home.  On the way, we passed The Twin Kiss, and stopped for an ice cream cone each.  And we sat on a bench under a tree, watching the stream bubble passed and the deer walk around their enclosure.  Oh, and chuckling at the kids running around and playing.

When we got back home, we decided to walk down to the Destination Arts thing again.  I had been there a few weeks ago with my friend Michelle, mom had never been there, but talked about wanting to go.  Also, when I had been there the first time, I saw this little mug that I liked the look of, but didn't buy, and then regretted it.  So i thought I'd go get that back as well.  Which I succeeded in doing.  See:


It's not as big as the mugs I generally like to use:


But it's purpley, and bulgy, and a bit misshaped and I think it's really cute.  Not sure what I'll use it for, but well that doesn't matter, cause I own it now. It's mine.

Anyway, mom and I walked around checking out the art, although she really was only interested in the artists.  If she knew who they were, then she checked out the painting.  If she didn't know them, she moved on.  So it didn't take very long to get through them all.  But it was fun to see check them out again.   And we found out they'll be changing the paintings in ten days with all new stuff.  So that'll be another reason to go back.

Following this, I came home, finished a book, did some laundry, putzed around online...ya know, a normal Sunday afternoon.  But it was a beautiful gorgeous day, weather wise.  And a good day overall.

POLT

No comments: