Friday, August 02, 2013

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye and good riddance to bad luck....

If you've been reading the Palace for any length of time, you know that for the first 14 years of my current career, I had to work with the bitch, Bossy Know-It-All Coworker (and if you dont know, you read some things about her HERE).  She couldn't intimidate me, and I'd argue right back at her if I had to.  She wasnt used to that, so she had other ploys.  Her best friend TB worked there too, in a supervisory position, but not a supervisor of us.  TB's husband, RB, worked there and WAS our direct supervisor, as well as the second in command.  And the big boss was VE and the direct supervisor of RB.  (You get all that?)

VE
  \
  RB      
   / \
 /     \
TB     \
       BKC & ME    (did that help?)

SO, where there was a confrontation between BKC and me, instead of resolving it, she'd run to TB and bitch about it, they'd both run to RB and bitch about it, and all three of them would run to VE and after telling him how I was being obstinate, and not a team player, and just TRYING to be mean to poor innocent BKC, well then VE would ORDER me to do it BKC's way.

Ten years ago, or so, I remember saying to myself one night in bed that I didn't know if I could stay in the job.  That these four assholes were making my work-life hell, and I just didn't know if I wanted to put up with it.

But that night, after a few tears and a strengthening of my resolve, I decided that no, I was NOT going to quit or go elsewhere.  I would NOT let that cunt BKC and her asshole cohorts win.  If I left, they would.  So I'd stay and tough it out.  I would allow myself to leave only AFTER they were all gone.  Maybe even the exact next day after the last one left, but I would NOT leave while they still worked there.

So, about 7 years ago, TB, retired, which was a good thing, but she was honestly the least of my worries.  And then about 6 years ago, RB retired, which improved things immensely, because we go a new direct supervisor who wasn't a slave to whatever BKC said.  And then things improved exponentially when BKC herself retired in Dec 2010.

But that still left VE, the big boss.  And our working relationship got a lot better once BKC was gone.  I mean, there were all kinds of problems while she was there, then she leaves, we get a replacement, and suddenly the department is working as a well oiled machine.  So who does that tell you the problem was?  I think VE came to that same conclusion.

BUT, there was still a lot of hard feelings between the two of us, I KNOW from my end, and I think from VE's end as well.  And for a big boss, he had exactly ZERO personnel management skills, which is amazing.  And still made for some...difficult situations.

But no MORE!  This Wednesday, July 31, 2013, VE retired.  And the Four Asshole-keteers are officially all gone!  

YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!  
(pardon me while I take a few moments to dance a jig of glee)

And now that they're all gone, I can honor that vow I made to myself and retire (...well I could, except for that pesky mortgage thing...) if I wanted to.  And they did NOT get me.  I outlasted them all and all their fucking pettiness.

Goodbye to all four of you, and good fucking riddance!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hurray!! They sounded like a horrible nightmare. But now, you're freeeeeeeeeee! (Well, except for the still having to go to work thing).