Monday, August 19, 2013

It's a weekend thing, workin' on stress hopped in the Jeep....

So, this weekend was filled with stress, work stress.   I dont often get stress from work, but when I do, man do I EVER get it.  I'm pretty sure that's what contributed to my nasty headache on Friday. 

At any rate, I still felt it Saturday, but work went pretty well, especially in the afternoon.  Then, after work I went with my friend Michelle to another friend's party!  It was in this beautiful...well, mansion is the only word I can think of.  Actually, it was out behind the mansion.  There were tons of people there, although I hung out primarily with about four ladies I already knew, and their kids.  But there was so much food, I couldn't even sample all of it.  And in addition to water and soda I primarily drank, there was many different kinds of beer and wine.  And there was live music.  I was there for like five hours and had an amazing time.

Sunday, around lunch, mom and I went to Chambersburg to get a picture framed, and while in the store, I found this batch of pictures that were buy one, get one free.  And I found these two pictures that I thought would look great in my living room.  So I bought them.  Two $40 pictures for $40 total.  Can't beat that.

Then in the afternoon, Kris and I went to see Kick-Ass 2.  Dont think if was a great movie, not sure if it was even a good movie.  But it was a great diversion for stress.  It was filled with fights, blood, violence...which all seemed a bit gratuitous, unlike in the first movie.  But, eh, whatever, it was what I needed.  Still feeling stressed though, I didn't really feel like doing too much afterwards, so I just came home and hung out here.

This morning, Mom came down and I sprayed the weeds growing up in my parking space.  And then, even though neither of us felt like doing anything whatsoever but sit around and complain about how lazy we were, we got the pictures wired up in back, got the nails in the wall and got them hung up.  And now, on my living room wall that was totally empty for the last four years, I now have this:


The one on the left is four old time maps of oceans and seas.  On the right is four old time maps of land masses.  And even though they look uneven, you can't see it, but off to the left is a door frame that sits a little lower then the first picture, and to the right of the second one is a window frame, that sits higher, so it's like steps going up.  Which is what I intended, but it's also amazing that the two of us actually made it turn out that way with very minimal fuss.  Nothing we do together EVER ends with minimal fuss.

Then, this afternoon, I took a friend of mine to an appointment here in town, and picked him up afterwards (he has medical issues and can't drive himself), and when we got back to his house, we had some bedtimesexxyfun, which was another pretty good distraction.  And then I went to moms for a supper of meatloaf, taters and peas.  Yummy.

However, despite some fun and interesting distractions, the weekend was still filled with so much stress.  I just hope it all starts to diminish or go away soon.  At any rate, enjoy my new art in the photos above! 

POLT

No comments: