Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Dont bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.....

I can't believe I just found these.  Here's a few photos of my town's Independence Day Parade.

A cutie watching the parade.

Patriotic rider on a BIG patriotic horse.

Some kids walking in the parade.  What I LOVE about this photo is that this was part of one of those groups of majorettes, twirling batons and such.  And they were walking at the end of the group, as the youngest members of that group.  And of the five of them, three were little boys!  I've never seen a boy majorette (major?) in any of the local groups.  I like this idea.  Not only that they'd want to do it this young, but that their parents weren't tied to the "that's a girl's thing" old schick!

Yeah, donkeys.  Two donkeys in the Independence Day Parade.  Welcome to Waynesboro!

There's this group of people that for the last few years have been in every parade, they do the jitterbug/lindy hop kind of dancing.  They're always fun to watch.  And they've had a set of teenagers, like about 17 or so, in last year's parade as well as this years.  But this year, we also had THIS couple: both younger than 13.  I LOVE that, like the boys above, these kids are getting into this so young!

And they were pretty damn good at the dancing too!

I no longer remember who this guy was with, but DAMN was he a hottie.  I'm a bit upset I didn't get his face in the pic, cause he was way cute too!

And that was the parade.  Oh well, there were TONS of fire trucks, and ambulances, and other emergency vehicles.  And antique cars.  And the Shriners in their little cars.  And several convertibles up at the front carrying local various dignitaries.  But I didn't get a pic of them.  Only the important stuff. 

POLT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're only a month late posting them. Here in RI we've got the biggie, the Bristol 4th of July Parade. It's the oldest parade in the nation. Rhode Island is actually a place for a lot of firsts - like the first Baptist Church, first Synagog, Mosque, and all that jazz. It always makes me wonder why it took us so long to get equal rights for everyone. And why the hell we have a Voter ID law.

I've never actually BEEN to that one. I've worked the parade route for a politician once but never saw the thing. I was a volunteer on the campaign and so enthusiastic about it I was asked to work on another campaign full time. I declined.

Amie said...

The guy in your first picture sits next to us at church.

Polt said...

Hmmm, well Amie, let's not tell him about this, kay? :)

HUGS....