Friday, August 23, 2013

Soon recede, and you will see, once you're on a date with destiny....

So tonight, I had a date!

I picked up my date at 630.  When we got to the theater, I paid the way in.  And I bought us the Duo Combo (two large drinks and one large popcorn).  And of course, I had us in the VIP seating...big comfy padded chairs that recline.  They had never been in those seats and not been to the theater in years.  And at the end, all I got was a kiss on the cheek.

Which really was okay with me, cause my date was...Mama Polt!!!


We had both said earlier in the week how we wanted to see "The Butler" and so I said we should go see it together.  And so we did, tonight.

We were laughing on the way there because neither of us could remember the last time we went to the movies together.  She seems to think I took her to see "Mamma Mia" in a theater but I dont think I did.  And of course, she had to bring up when I was just a kid, like not even in school yet, and she took me to see "Charlotte's Web" and I was all distraught and cried all the way home because "why did that nice spider have to die?"  She brings that up almost every time we talk about movies.  It used to embarrass me, now I think it's just cute how she always brings it up.

But after she kissed me, as she was getting out of the car I told her what an expensive date she was, and she fussed me because she had wanted to pay for the popcorn.  Which is true, but I insisted, saying since *I* asked HER out on the date, it's only right that I should pay.

I however, didn't realize mom can be a...talker in the movies.  Not a lot.  But at point, as their gun shots going off, she says, out loud, "OH!  That's loud!  I knew that was going to happen."  I just shook my head and chuckled to myself.

The movie itself.  Quite good, if slightly predicable in parts.  But there were other parts that did indeed make my eyes wet a bit.  Great cast, although while John Cusack's Richard Nixon was frankly lacking, it was sheer genius to cast the liberal Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan!  I can head Rush and Glenn's heads explode at even the thought!

Anyway, it was all in all a fun, enjoyable, if expensive, date.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Ah, that's sweet : ). Next time smuggle in your food/drinks!


(I loved Charlotte's Web. I even had a pet rat named Templeton).