Thursday, August 29, 2013

BITS-N-PIECES

Just found out my neighbor and her daughter are moving. This makes me sad.  I mean, we weren't really close or anything, but this is the neighbor I talked to the most.  I know they're moving on to a better place (mainly a place that's not on the second floor with the main entrance up a set of outside stairs...which is bad, especially when it's icy or snowy), but it's still sad that I wont see them anymore.

Ah well, such is life.

UPDATE: Tonight, I spoke to her in the alley between our houses.  She told me where they were moving, its a nice area.  I shook her hand and told her it was nice being her neighbor.  And I told her I hope the new neighbors are as great neighbors as she was.
*************************************
My cable remote just went on the fritz.  All the buttons on the right hand side no longer work.  Which means, I have no 3, 6, 9 buttons, nor the button that moves the guide forward in time (to check what's coming up).  So I called the cable company.  Recording said I'd have a 25-30 minute wait.  I hung up and called back, pushing the buttons to indicate I wanted to cancel my service...thinking that that would get me speedier service.  Recording said I had a 20-25 minute wait.  I hung up.  I got on their website, thinking I'd just post something to them telling them I needed a new remote.  Website was VERY un-user-friendly.  Gave up and called back. Recording said I had a 20-25 minute wait.  So I left it on speaker phone and went about doing other business.

I just KNEW they'd charge me something for a replacement.  And probably either make me drive 40 minutes to their office or have a cableguy bring it here, which means I'd have to sit here and wait for him to show up.  But the guy on the phone told me there would be no charge either way.  That floored me.   And then he said it might just be easier to mail it to me.  Which is what it turned out he's going to do.  Again, free of charge to me.

Course, when I get it, I'll have to program the damn thing....that oughtta be a blast.
************************************
Got a call today at work from my insurance company about the accident I was involved in back in November.  I had to pay the $500 deductable and had heard nothing about getting it back.  Was kinda torked about not hearing anything.  Well, it turns out my insurance company contacted hers, and have heard nothing back.  So they needed a sworn statement from me, which we took over the phone, so they can send it to arbitration.  *SIGH*  My car's already fixed, I just want my $500 back.
************************************
Work had been SO stressful the last two weeks, its crazy.  I've not been eating well, or much at all, and have lost some weight, which is a good thing, but it's a terrible way to lose weight.  And it was nowhere near enough weight that I lost either.  It's gotten better this week actually, and hopefully will continue to do so.

But seriously, I have no idea how people who stress all the time can even survive.  Just being this way for like ten days is enough.  If I had to live my whole life like this....well, I dont think I'd WANT to live life like this.
************************************
Got a potentially busy holiday weekend: Trip to Friscos with ALCMDPP on Saturday after work, a possible party on Sunday, a possible hookup with a previous beau on Monday, and another possible hookup Tuesday morning.  But who knows....I could end up spending my entire weekend on the couch watching Law & Order reruns.
************************************
And of course, here we have the Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hope you get some relaxin' in this weekend (and that you like your new neighbor).