Monday, August 05, 2013

I managed to roll my fat ass outta bed at 5:45 in the AM. I got showered and shaved and dressed and got to mom's by 6:15.  We were at the hospital before 6:30.  They took her back about 6:40.

I went to the grocery store, ate breakfast at McDonalds (hotcakes & sausage & syrup are SOOOO bad for me, but they taste SOOOO damn good.  I dont get them often), got a cup of coffee from Rutters (hazelnut creme, which smelled of hazelnut and vanilla, but tasted just like boring old coffee), came home and put the groceries away.  While I was doing that, I noticed it was 7:45...I wouldn't even normally be at work yet.  On a normal Monday, I'd not even be CLOSE to being out of bed yet!

I putzed around on the computer before going back out to the hospital.  I read the paper in the waiting room and just as I got it finished the nurse came out to get me to go back and sit with her.  We were there for maybe another 40 minutes.  Everything was okay, they even provided her with color photos and a map of her intestines so she could see exactly where the photos were taken.  Not that they meant anything to us, like we could tell if they were good or bad pictures or not anyway.

So once she was ready to go, I drove her home, and then had to go get her some soup cause she thought she had some but didnt.  Also got her some more applesauce.  Then I stayed and talked to her for over an hour, not only cause i like talking to her, but to make sure she was okay.

When I got home, I've basically just hung around here all day.  Fell asleep for a few minutes in the chair while reading.  Im tired and kinda out of whack.  I feel like I should be doing something (laundry, taking a walk) but I just dont feel like doing anything.  And then I feel a bit guilty.   but am too tired to care.

*SIGH*

Whatever....I know I'll go to sleep early tonight...as long as I dont fall into a deep nap or nothing...

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa - wait a minute. Thoracic surgery is an outpatient procedure now? Wow.

Glad your mom made it through ok.

Polt said...

It was a colonoscopy, not colonostopy. Not surgery, but an outpatient procedure.

HUGS...