Friday, August 09, 2013

Come with me, to the sea of love....

A coworker of mine from my Borders days, K, just separated from her husband, and their nine year old son, H, is living with her.  She told me this over Facebook and said she was looking to reconnect with old friends and they were looking for things to do around the house.

Well, I noticed Percy Jackson And The Sea Of Monsters was coming out this weekend.  I read all five Percy Jackson books and loved them.  And I was looking forward to this movie.  So I messaged her and the three of us went tonight.



Fun movie.  Fun times with them, listening to H mumble a few times "awesome" during the film, and afterwards, be excitedly reliving his favorite parts...yeah, that was great too.  And when we parted, I hugged K and H thrust his hand out for a handshake...adorable.   I think it worked out really well for all three of us.

The movie wasn't totally like the book, in fact, as always, I like the book better. But as I said the movie was fun and the eye candy bountiful.


See? Cute Percy on the right, hot black satyr Grover in the middle (in a wife beater, no less), tall muscular one eyed (cause he's a cyclops) Tyson on the left...tall and sexy with sexy dreadlocked hair. (although frankly, i thought he was much cuter wearing the glasses.  I mean with his two eyes, he was fine, but I just found his hotter with the glasses on).  And even two kiss ass females too!

So, yeah.  Good movie, good fun, good people, good times.

POLT

1 comment:

Polt said...

Well yes... i DID mean kiCK ass....

And I think she's too short to play Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman, in MY opinion, needs to be tall...Lynda Carter, Grace Jones, that chick from 3rd Rock From The Sun tall.

HUGS....