Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 74)...

Chapter 3, Page 16...

This morning I got up a bit early for me on a Monday.  But it was a for a very good reason.  Mom and I went sofa shopping.  My sofa, that we fixed on Super Bowl Sunday, has started squeaking again...albeit in a different place.  So I decided to just get another sofa and be done with it.

Mom and I headed out, both of us carrying a cup of Rutter's coffee, to three different furniture stores.  At the first one, I found two sofas that were possibilities, but I wanted to check out the other places as well.  After the second furniture store, we stopped by Lowe's, Sam's, and Target for various other things we needed and then headed out to the last furniture store.

Surprisingly, I found absolutely nothing in the last two stores that interested me. Oh, there were LOTS of pretty nice furniture (in fact, there were a BUNCH of SHAAAAAAAYZZZZ...see a post below), but there was nothing I wanted.

So following this, we ate at Red Lobster, then went back to the first furniture store.  I really had a hard time deciding between the two sofas. I liked them both almost equally.  The prices weren't that far apart.  And both had detachable legs (this was important for getting the sofa into my house).  I sat on them both repeatedly, and even laid down on the several times.  Both had their positives and their negatives.  In the end, I just chose the one based on the color that I thought would fit better in my living room.

After this, we went to Lowes here in town for something else and then home.  The remainder of the day was spent by me just sitting on my ass on the current, squeaky, creaky sofa.  I was online.  I read.  And I started watching and got through half of the episodes of The Inbetweeners.  Great show.  Laughed several times out loud.

And then, a little before ten, I went to bed, read some more and then went to sleep.

POLT


No comments: