Sunday, March 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 86)...

Chapter 3, Page 28...

Saturday, work as work.  Nothing out of the ordinary. After work, however, I went to the ParisPeking household.  I had been invited there for supper and then to watch the last Hobbit movie.

The middle ParisPeking girl was off to a sleepover, so that just left 5 of us at the table.  And the meal, was really really good.  Roast beef, mashed potatoes, peas and cole slaw.  Not Mama Polt quality, mind you, but very damn near it.  See?


I also had some company prior to the meal: Missy the Jack Russel Terrier.  She apparently doesn't like her photo taken, because I tried several shots, and she'd always look away before I could get the picture.  But when she was laying on my lap, sleeping, I did manage to wake her up and quickly grab this pic:


She does look terrified or irritated, doesn't she?  But surprisingly, this is the best photo I could get of her.

So after the delicious meal, we retired to The Mancave to watch the movie.  A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking felt the movie was a waste from the beginning, and had no problems saying so.  And it turns out, he was all tuckered out and went to bed about an hour before the movie was over (mind you, this was about 7:30 in the evening.....he's worse than I am!).  But MRS. ALCMDPP and I watched it all the way to the end.

My thoughts?  Overdone.  Overlong.  Stretched out WAY too much.  It had that great look and feel to it that all the Peter Jackson Hobbit/LOTR movies have to them.  But frankly, I felt like I was watching a repeat of the last LOTR movies: A place under siege, the city outside under attack, and wave and wave of new and different armies keep entering the battle.  All the while, Gandalf talks to and explains things to a Halfling.  But still, overall, I enjoyed it..

And then I came home, putzed around online, and then went to bed about 1030-ish, I think.

POLT

No comments: