Monday, March 23, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 80)...

Chapter 3, Page 22...

This morning, I got up a bit late, about 9:30.  I showered, got the paper, then stopped at Rutters for some coffee before heading out to mom's.  I got there before she got back from church and read the paper and the drank the coffee while I waited.

When she got there, we went to get something to eat.  We decided on a restaurant both of us had heard of before, but never been to: Runways.  It's a restaurant located on the same ground at the local airport.

It's something of a puzzle to find it.  But the building is amazing inside, very luxurious, and while you're eating, you can look out the windows that make up one wall and watching planes take off, land, and taxi around.

The food, well, the food was amazing!  We both had a salad, which, for some reason, was VERY good.  I mean, it was just a salad, but it tasted better than most.  I had fish and chips, both of which were very tasty, and mom had a crabcake and fries, which too said was very good.  And the portions were quite large.  It was $30 for both of us total, but with the portions that size and deliciousness of the food, I'm not complaining.   We're both planning on going back again sometime.  hopefully soon.

After this, I stopped to get gas.  And then we went to Wal-Mart and got some stuff.  And then...well, then I came home and did nothing. I read a LOT.  Finished up one book and started another.  I was the computer a bit, but no, mostly read.

I love pulling my legs up on the couch, having a glass of (diet) soda next to me and a bowl of fresh popcorn on my lap and reading.  Love doing that.  Did it yesterday.  The problem is, popcorn is full of carbs. So after doing so, I felt a bit guilty.  I had another card to mail so I got ready, put in my earbuds, and headed out for a walk, to the Post Office and beyond.

I ended up walking 2.19 miles in 36 minutes.  And it was, again, a cool day, with a breeze, but sunny and a great walking day.  And I realized I hadn't posted maps of my walks the last two days, so here ya go:  (first map is from Saturday, second one from Sunday).



After this, I just came back here and read some more, updated my checkbook and then settled in to watch The Walking Dead. (Geez, Rick was getting all OVER my nerves in this one...)  And then off to bed.

POLT





No comments: