Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 75)...

Chapter 3, Page 17...

So March 17th: St. Patrick's Day!  VUBOQ's Birthday!  And MAMA POLT'S birthday!

I had already called in and took the day off yesterday.  I slept in a bit then started my surprise for mom.  I had taken her out to eat on Sunday for her birthday to throw her off the track.  This day, after showering and dressing, I went to Wal-Mart.  I wanted to get two or four St. Patty's Day cupcakes.  But all the had left was containers of 12. So that's what I got.

Then I went to the florist and got her a bouquet of wrapped flowers "spring-y flowers, with some green thrown in too"!  And a balloon.

And then, with all this stuff, and the two cards I had gotten her previously, I headed over to her house, hoping she was home. Her car was in the driveway.  And as I approached it to go into her house, I saw her car door hanging wide open and she bent over, leaning in the car, cleaning it.  She had spilled a bit of coffee in there the day before, and so she was concentrating on getting that taken care of.  She never saw or heard me approach.

I stood behind her holding the cards, cupcakes, flowers and balloon and started singing to her.  She jumped and went "OH!"  and we she turned around she said "You startled me!"

We went inside and she looked at the stuff but immediately started throwing her hands over her face (even though I didn't have my phone out) and saying "You can't take my picture!  I don't even have a shower!  I just got up and threw on my work clothes and went to work organizing the basement and then I came out here to clean the car!  Oh I must look a MESS! You can't take my picture!"

I laughed and told her that was fine.  She said she'd go get a shower, and I said I'd just read the paper and a book and wait.  And I did.  And when she came down, decked out in green (and with her own Shamrock glasses) she said "NOW you can take my picture!"  So she gathered up all the stuff and I took her picture.

I then offered to take her to lunch, to the fancy-ish Airport Inn, or the less fancy, but still good Parlor House.  Since mom had something to do at two, she didn't want to leave town, so Parlor House it was.  And it was good.

Afterwards, I dropped her off at her house and came back to mine.  I watched the remainder of The Inbetweeners (just three seasons of six, twenty five minute episodes each.  Easy to binge watch).  And then, since I had just sat on my ass all afternoon (other then getting up to do some laundry), I decided to take a walk!  A mile and a half in half an hour.  Nice.  It was cool and windy, but not uncomfortable.

And following that, I putzed around online, read some and then went to bed.

But the best part the day was getting to surprise her!  She didn't suspect a thing!

Oh...and Pictures!


 Mom made snickerdoodles, but colored them GREEN for St. Patrick's Day!

I was dressed in my finest green for the day!

Mom's birthday swag.

And the birthday girl herself!

POLT

1 comment:

vuboq said...

YAY! GREEN! and Happy Birthday (again) to Mama Polt! She is awesome and I want to be her when I grow up :-)