Sunday, March 15, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 72 & 73)...

Chapter 3, Page 14...

Saturday I got up and to work.  It wasn't a bad day, the usual amount of work for a Saturday.  Afterwards, I drove to the home a A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking.  And then together, we drove to Frederick.  First to Barnes & Noble, when I only bought two books (yeah, surprised me to) and then to aka Friscos!

Damn, that food is ALWAYS so good.  And that's the first time I've been to either of those on a Saturday night.  Crazy busy, both of the them.  But well worth the trip.

After he drove us back, I got in my car and came home.  And then proceeded to read the book I had just started the day before. It was "Zombie Apocalypse", and it sucked me in right away.  I read over half of it Saturday night.  Although, since it was about the, duh, Zombie Apocalypse, it kinda creeped me out...especially after it was dark.  And I had all the blinds closed on the windows.  And couldn't heard anything from outside.  So I turned the TV on and to one of the Classical Music channels, and with music playing the background, it was easier to read about it.

But I wasn't so creeped out that I couldn't fall asleep for a short nap in the evening as well.

I went to bed after 10, but was reading (the zombie book and other stuff too) and didn't turn out the light until almost 1:00am.

Chapter 3, Page 15...

I woke up about 9:00.  I putzed around on my phone before finally getting up and showering and then going downstairs.  As it was 10:30, I called mom to see if she wanted to go to the Chinese buffet "for your birthday meal"?  See, Tuesday is her birthday, and I've got plans for that day...secret plans (so don't say anything to her if you see her before then!) and to throw her off the trail, I took her out to eat for lunch.  That way, she'll be real surprised on the actual day!

After I dropped her off, I stopped by Rutters for some gas and a cup of coffee.  And then I returned home here and read some more.  I wanted to finish the book before it got dark, so I would be skeeved out while reading it.  And despite taking another mid afternoon nap (damn, I DO love those!), I did get it finished.  A great read, although the last parts of it were rather...cheesy.  And then I started a new book.  (just in case you're keeping score, in a week, I finished a book, started and finished two other books and started a fourth one.  Man I love reading!)

I ate supper of some soup and bread and then some chips and dip and ham slices.  Lotsa carbs therein.  I felt a smidge guilty, and had some stuff to mail, so off I went for a walk.  1.59 miles in 26 minutes.  And that included a stop at Rutters for some MORE coffee! (I'm addicted!)

The remainder of my evening, as planned now, is to putz around online, read some more, watch The Walking Dead, and then off to bed!

POLT

No comments: