Monday, March 30, 2015

I live with abscess memory, with broken fingers.....

So....

I dont remember mentioning this stuff before, but if I have, well, forgive me.  I know I mentioned all the tacos I ate last Wednesdays.  What I dont think I mentioned is that while eating, I crunched down on something so hard, and so loud, I was sure I cracked the crown on my upper tooth.  But feeling around with my tongue I see there's nothing wrong with the crown.  So I go on eating.

When I woke up Thursday morning, there was pain in that tooth, and into my upper jaw.  No big deal, I figured, I just bruised it.  It'll hurt a lil bit and then go away.  I'll just handle it with Advil.  And I did.  Over the weekend, the pain continued, no getting worse, but no getting better.

Last night, while sleeping, I woke up with horrible pain.  So about 6am, I got up, went to the bathroom and took some Advil.  When I woke up this morning, then about 1000, I didn't have any pain whatsoever.  But I still took the Advil again.  So I thought, hey, it must be going away!  About time.

But then, right after lunch, the pain started.  And got worse, and worse and worse, even than what it had been the day before.  And this despite the Advil.  And so, about 2PM, I walked over to my dentist's office (it's diagonally across the stree from my front door), spoke to the receptionist to see if they could fit me in, to check if it IS an abscess.  She says they'll call me in about 20 minutes.

So, an hour and 15 minutes later, I called back to see, and was told if I could get there at 430, they could fit me in.  I got there a bit BEFORE 430, and I didn't even have to go back into one of the chairs.  They looked at me through the reception window, and as I was explaining what had happened, they said, "Oh yeah, that's an abscess.  And you're swollen too."  So they gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and a painkiller.  I got them filled at CVS and took one of each as soon as I got home.

In the time since, the pain had gone away, but I've gotten...loopy.  I called in to take off tomorrow, cause I certainly cant' work with the pain, and dont think I should be AT work, or even drive to work, while taking the painkiller.  Now I just have to wait for the antibiotic to do its job and kick the infection's ass!

But still, yeah, the pain before the painkiller....man that was terrible.  Toothpain is THE worst pain.

POLT

No comments: