Monday, March 02, 2015

So some info on some mom stuff.

She finished the blanket for me, I'm sure I mentioned this earlier.  She found a bunch of fabric on the attic and cut it into 6 inch by 6 inch squares and sewed a ton of them together and then sewed one long piece of fabric on the back of them and she made it long and wide enough for me.  And she did all this probably in less then two weeks.

One day mom, he brother and his girlfriend went to a health fair.  Tons of groups and organizations and such had booths there as well.  And they were all offered raffles of free stuff, so mom signed up for everything she could sign up for, not expecting to win anything.  Well, in the last week, she found out she won a ticket to the...not sure what's it's called but I'll call it the Chocolate Extravaganza.  The local Country Club has all the local chocolate makers out there and they give out samples of their various and sundry chocolates and the people that have tickets get to sample them all.  And she says she's not much for chocolate.

Also, she found out that she won, from our local guy in the House Of Representatives, a guided tour of the US Capital Building for 8 people.  This she wasn't interested in at all either, so she gave the form to me today and told me I could use it.  And she laughed, saying the only two things she won were things she wasn't really interested in.

And finally I went with mom today.  There are two open cottages available, and she and I went today to look at them so mom could decided which one she wanted.  I preferred the one that looks out over the common green.  She wasn't sure which one she wanted, but she'll decide sometime this week.  After she decides which one she wants, it'll take about three months or so for everything to be done on their end for her to move it.  So it looks like by summer, she'll be out of the house and in one of those cottages out there.

POLT

No comments: