Thursday, March 05, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 62 & 63)...

Chapter 3, Page 3...

And so, the plan to get up and 5:15 and get to work to beat the ice storm?  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I kept hitting snooze, and didn't actually get out of bed until 7AM, which is the normal time I get out, usually.

But I got to work on time and it wasn't a bad morning.  I got some things done I needed to.  But I had 4 hours of comp time remaining, so I told everyone I was just going to use that and go home at noon, since that's when the ice storm was supposed to start.

And go home and noon I did.  The ice storm's arrival....yeah, that didn't happen.   The afternoon was dry, if overcast.  Nothing at all, until like 6PM, and then it was really only rain.  So the ice storm never materialize.  Nonetheless, I had a very enjoyable afternoon and early evening watching more of Baseball.  I did remember, thankfully, that Tuesday night, that night, was the return of Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., so I watched that.  And then headed off to bed.

Chapter 3, Page 4...

Today was a good day at work as well.  Got a bunch of the weekly stuff done and cleared my desk off, metaphorically, somewhat.  But I made sure everyone knew I probably wasn't going to be in on Thursday, as they were calling for a snow storm and anywhere from 6-10 inches of snow.  So I got as much stuff done as I could (which was actually a good bit) and then headed on out.

The storm was supposed to start about 7PM, I think, originally, but there was nothing.  I spent the evening putzing around online and watching yet more Baseball.  There was, later in the evening, I think, some rain.  But we knew the temps were going to fall and that's when the snow would start.

I went to bed about the regular time, and set my alarm for the regular time.  I'd either have to get up and get to work, if there was nothing, OR if there was appreciable snowfall, get up and call in to work to take the day off, as I planned.

POLT

No comments: