Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dont call a doctor cause theres nothing wrong with me (Part 1)...

Due to prior engagements with Corey over the last two Saturday, I had A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking DVR the new Dr. Who's for me.


Last night was the prearranged time for me to go see them. I bought supper of pizza and wings for all the ParisPekings: mom, dad, and three little ones. Oh and big chocolate chip cookies for dessert for the adults. The food was good, the company better. And the littlest ParisPeking, Baby Jackie, all of almost two years old, now says my name. Or a reasonable two year facsimile thereof. She said, "Goodbye, Polt" and "hello, Polt" more than once. It's just aDORable. Melts my heart it does.

Anyways, David watched the Dr. Who's with me, and he seemed underimpressed. But then he's never been a Dr. Who fan. In fact, I'm not sure if he's ever even heard of Dr. Who before I asked him to DVR it.

At any rate, there could be spoilers below, so beware if you don't like that sort of thing. As for the new Dr. Who, my thoughts are...well it's too soon to tell. He's not traditionally handsome or attractive, but is kinda cute. I mean, I like the floppy hair, but his face is rather....misshapen? Has kind of a huge head.

As for the character, he just seems to be a continuation of the David Tennant Doctor. I know I've only seen two episodes, so maybe they plan on subtley changing things as the season progresses. They really need to get him some different mannerisms and catchphrases. Amy Pond I'm enjoying as well. She's quite cute, and seems gutsy and a strong foil for the doctor. They should work out well together.

I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit, especially the cute laptop guy Jeff. His part was much too small. But other than that, I found it funny and it had me from nearly the very beginning. The second one, well it left me a little cold. But when i saw the previews for the third one...Winston Churchill with the Daleks in shadow...well, I squeed. And I punched A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking several times in the arm. Naturally, he didn't share my enthusiasm.

So in the end, I guess as far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out, but I'm optimistic.

POLT

No comments: