Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sentimental geek, shut up and go to sleep...

As I mentioned before, I've been watching Smallville on DVD. And I've decided that Tom Welling, while extremely easy on the eyes, isn't the right person to be playing Clark Kent. He's got the face and body of a model. Clark Kent is supposed to be a geek, and Welling is most definitely NOT that.

And that got me to thinking something else. I think we need to bring something to the forefront and make it popular: Geek Chic! And I've got some examples of Geek Chic!


Gleeful Geek
I think Arnie would have made a PERFECT Clark Kent...although when Smallville prepared, he wasn't even ten, I'd wager. Still, he's a perfect geek AND he's perfectly cute.


Office Geek
Yeah, I know John Krasinski doesn't play the real geek on the show, that would be Dwight. Some people have said he's the 'everyman' not the geek. But 1) I think he could easily play a geeky character and 2)Dwight isn't remotely cute. But John defintely IS!


Skinny Geek
I've Jay Baruchel for some time. I loved him as the failed suicide guy in Rules Of Attraction, but I first fell for him when Undeclared was on TV. He's hilarious, and geeky, and cute besides.


Scientific "Big Bang" Geek
I've never seen an episode of this series, despite recommendations from friends. And I intend on watching it eventually, cause every promo I've seen for the series cracks me up. And Jim Parsons is not only neurotically funny but cute as well.


Classic Geek
Michael Cera has made a career out of being a geek. And in every role, from Superbad to Juno to Nick And Norah, he's played a geek and played it well. But appeared vulerable, loveable and cute in every one as well.


James Bond Geek
I've never seen an episode of Chuck either, but I've seen plenty fo Zachary Levi...as much as I can of him. Just cause he's so freakin' cute. Killer smile. Sexy eyes. The whole kit and kaboodle.


SciFi Geek
Who has been a bigger geek on ANY Star Trek series than Wesley Crusher. And who has been more of an irritant? Despite all that, though, he turned into a pretty hot number. And Wil Wheaton is awesome even now, I've read his blog and become his friend on Flickr. Hilarious guy.


Personal Friend Geek
Craiggers is not so much a geek as he is just flat out adorkable. But whether is geek or adorkable, he's still insanely funny. And cute.

Is there any other cute geek that I've missed?

POLT

5 comments:

Paul said...

ME!!!!

over 40 (but still sexy) geek!

:-P

Michelle M. said...

Paul! And my husband.

Mark said...

Sheldon from "Big Bang" is oh so adorable. But his voice and intonation would get annoying after awhile. A Long while but still....

And my husband Michael Cera said to thank you for including him.

Oh, and that Craig guy, I heard after his wife left him, he got hooked on that twitter shit. It's Bad Stuff, I would recommend staying away from it.

Anonymous said...

Parsons looks even better sporting a little facial hair. Seriously - I think he's ok but with the trim beard he looks very good.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Where's the sad/depressing singer-songwriter geek?!