Friday, April 09, 2010

Splashin' like the cracken on clash of the titans...

Last night, after work, I went with the lovely Stratcat45 to dinner and then to see Clash Of The Titans.



I’ll preface this by saying I still haven’t seen the original so it had nothing to live up to. And all I’ve heard on this from various people is that it’s not that good, so I didn’t have very high expectations. Having said all that, my short review is: I enjoyed it.

It wasn’t a ‘great’ movie by any standard, but it had a GREAT look to it. From the numerous aerial shots, to the design of the cities, to the Pegasus, to the look of Olympus, it was a feast for my eyes. The action did get a bit convoluted due to shaky camera shots and similar appearance in so many characters that I couldn’t really tell who was fighting what sometimes. But I didn’t think it that distracting.

I was disappointed that so many secondary characters were one dimensional or worse nothing more than some Greek in body armor. And some of them, even some that had speaking parts, were little more than cannon fodder. Although I will say that what movies need more of is well built men wearing short skirts. Even if they have thongs underneath so we can’t see anything up them, it is still nice to see well developed thighs and such.

Overall, though, I thought the movie was a fine piece of summer fluff. Nothing in depth or thought provoking, just something to enjoy looking at mindlessly.

The previews, though, showed an “Iron Man 2” that I’m sure I’ll see, and a “The Losers” which looks intriguing also.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I agree. Summer fluff, fun times, enjoy it and move on. Every film doesn't have to be Oscar worthy. Considering I haven't seen an Oscar nominated film in years that's probably a good thing or I'd never get to one. LOL

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the original had Harry Hamlin in his prime. Watch the original and tell me I'm wrong.