Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm surprised that you've never been told before...

My good friend Michelle, who went to me to Toronto last year, has injured her right hand. It's been probably two weeks since she hurt it, but in that time she's had to wrapped up tight, and can only use her thumb and two fingers. And then only gentley.

So anyway, today, around noon-ish, I stopped by her house. She was cleaning. I had brought her a get well card and some flowers. I don't know what KIND they were, daisies perhaps, but they were almost flourescent purple, red, blue, and green. Obviously not their natural colors. But they looked so bright and vibrant and Spring-like, that's why I chose them. And after she put them in a vase and changed her clothes, we were off for a lunch of Mexican food! And afterwards, Gelati's from Rita's!

It was a beautifully sunny and warm-ish afternoon and it was even better getting to spend two hours of it with her.

I love surprising friends with stuff like this, although I don't get to do it anywhere near as often as I'd like to. And it was a great way to spend a portion of my last weekend day before going back to work tomorrow.


POLT

No comments: