Monday, April 12, 2010

One time, when I was twelve, in summer camp (Part 28)...

12 For The 12th
This is all the brainchild of CHAD. Stop by for a visit and see who else played along today.

Somehow today, I got my 12 done before 1:00 in the afternoon! How crazy is that? Anyway, onto the 12...


9:01AM
Today mom and I decided it was going to be "Yard Work Around The House" Day at Casa De Polt. We were going to start at 9:00. But by the time I got outside, which was a 9:00, she was already there and had started. She brought me these gloves and tools and left them on the porch for me.



9:03AM
We raked up the leaves and put them bags to put out to trash (Had to do it now since we didn't bother to do it last fall).



9:12AM
We went out front and yanked weeds and needless plants that I won't take care of out of the stone there, leaving a few that require little to no maintenance.



9:20AM
There was a little mound of dirt in one corner that we dug up to fill two holes in the yard and to smooth the remainder out. "Easier for us to mow" she said. I asked "We who?" cause I'm allergic to mown grass and can't mow it.



9:33AM
We had to rip some weeds and such out of the back yard as well.



9:45AM
We got the electric mower out of the basement and ran the cord up so mom could mow. As I said, I'm allergic to it, so I had to stay in the basement as she mowed. It wasn't too bad, although I did start to sneeze a few times.



9:58AM
After all the mowing, raking of leaves, and picking up of twigs and such, this is the resulting leftovers. Will be quite a trash day this week.



10:06AM
Then we took out the storm windows in the doors and put in the screens for summer.


11:48AM
Lunch at mom's was ham, sweet potatos and green beans. Yummy!



12:27PM
Considering the beautiful day, I decided to take Sebastian and get him washed up. This is us as the car wash started.



12:36PM
Then a short trip to Wal-Mart for some necessities (aka chips, Pepsi, etc)


12:52PM
And then finally home to throw a load of clothes in washer. And all done before 1:00! What a full day already, and it's barely half over!

POLT

9 comments:

Pete Cullen said...

Feels good getting the 12 done nice and early doesn't it?
Hope you have a relaxing evening after all that hard looking yard work Polt.

TJ said...

Good 12 of 12 photos. It looked like a very productive day in the yard. Lunch looked yummy indeed. Anyway, thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing next months photos.

that's J-O-S-H said...

Yay for yardwork! I always feel accomplished after doing boring outside crap! Kudoz to you for making an innnnerezzzzzzing blog post out of it!

But boo for Wal-Mart AND soda!

Martini Dan said...

I remember spring and all the fun gardening work that comes along with it. Thanks for sharing your day!

Anonymous said...

That's the one thing about home ownership. You have to take care of all that stuff.

That said, like you my main allergies are trees and grasses. It's been a bit hellish past couple weeks. All that rain/sun/rain thing and all the trees and grasses are in full bloom. Weeks early too.

Me, I'm just continuing the saga of the last couple weeks. If you read my blog you'll get the idea.

Bec said...

I don't love yard work, but at least it looked like a nice day to be outside working! And I'm sure it was a great feeling of accomplishment.

Sunny Archibald said...

You sure were busy yesterday. I have yard work to do, digging holes to plant new rose bushes and trees, but looking at 12's is much more fun. Thanks for a nice 12.

Jill said...

What a great day!!! Doesn't it feel great to create such a beautiful clean yard!? :)

Happy Spring!

JCB said...

Very Impressive day. Your photos were posted before I even remembered it was the 12th!