Friday, April 09, 2010

I know this room, I've walked this floor...

Rufus Wainwright doing Hallejulah.



God, I love this song. Next to Ave Maria, it very well may be THE most beautiful song I have ever heard. And Rufus...what a performer. And hot as hell too. I got to see him at the 930 Club in DC back in like 2001 or 2002. Great show.

But mostly, this makes me regret not sticking with the piano. I took piano lessons from 5th grade until sometime in the 7th grade. But I had no self confidence and I feared playing in front of anyone. Plus, I was lazy with my lessons. But I would love to be able to play something like this on the piano. *SIGH* Oh, the folly of youth.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

I have that on my ipod. I was introduced to it through Shrek. It was on the sound track. It's a beautiful song.

Mark said...

I Love Ave Maria, But during John Paul's funeral i was brought to tears by the Litany of the Saints while his body was carried to his final resting place. I'm not Catholic so I can't say why. I think it was just the solemnity of the ritual. It was beautiful regardless of the reason.