Sunday, July 05, 2015

I go out walking, after midnight....

Just got an email from the app on my phone that tracks my walks.  It says, for the first half of the year, I have done the following:

Had 34 workouts
Spent 19 hours doing those workouts
Have traveled 80 miles during those workouts
And burned off 13526 calories

I tend to doubt the accuracy of the last two.  I know I've had that many workouts, and spending that amount of time on them seems right.  But my app has been known to go a little wonky sometimes, so I question the distance and calories.

What I do now is, while I'm getting my sneakers on and whatnot, I turn the app on and leave it sit on the dining room table.  That allows it to calibrate itself.  And then when I'm ready, I discard that 'workout' and start fresh.  And it generally works pretty well then.

Although, as an example of the wonkiness, I took this screenshot:



As you can see, while it was setting completely still on my dining room table for almost three minutes, my phone somehow covered a distance of almost half a mile!  Amazing!  See that red line?  yep, there's where all my phone 'traveled' during the time spent on my table.  *SIGH*

Anyway, the correct stats DO tell me that I've walked more than once a week, on average.  Which is good...but I would have likely it more had the average been like twice a week or more.  *SIGH*  Gotta get working on that I guess.

POLT

2 comments:

Amie said...

Looks like you walked past my house!

Polt said...

Pffft, according to this, I think I walked by your old house up above the PA Turnpike! :)

HUGS.....