Friday, July 31, 2015

August in Virginia, a warm brandy night....

I HATE August.  

It's clearly THE worst month of the year. 

 It is hot.  It is humid.  It is sticky.  It is muggy.   There is not a single recognized holiday to get you a day off work during the entire month.  There is not a single recognized holiday to have you celebrate anything during the entire month. 

When I was still in school and college, August meant the end of my vacation and that I was soon going to have to go back.  When I was watching network TV, the month contained nothing but reruns.  The only sport on TV is baseball...blech.  

There is NOTHING pleasant, happy or fun about the month of August.  It just simply sucks.  The ONLY good thing about it is that when it's over, the cooler weather of autumn is on the way, and football will soon be filling my weekends.  

But until then.....I just wanna go to sleep and wake up when it's over.

POLT

No comments: