Sunday, July 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 200)....

Chapter 7, Page 18...

Welcome to the 200th day of 2015.

Saturday, when I woke up, I had a headache behind my eyes, and my neck was sore, achey and a bit stiff.  As it was Saturday, however, and as I'm the only one in my department who works Saturdays, I got up, showered, dressed and went in anyway.

Luckily, there were only 4 new clients I needed to process.  And once that was done, I put in for 6 hours leave and left about 10:15 or so.

That evening, I was supposed to go with my friend Michelle, and some others, to a local winery for a wine tasting benefit kinda thing.  But with the way I felt, I knew that wasn't going to happen. So, I texted her and told her. I'll pay her for my ticket when next I see her.

I came home and hung out here the rest of the day doing nothing.  I did read some, and was on the computer some, but I also napped, which is, I think, what I needed.  After that, my headache was diminished and I felt a bit better.

I popped in the Gods & Generals DVD I had gotten from ALCMDPP the night before.  Previously in the year, I read one of the books by Shaara, and I was anxious to see one of the movies based on those books.

Oh, how disappointing.  It was LONG (3hrs 51 minutes.  Perhaps I was watching the directors cut, I dont know), and oh my GOD, SOOOO boring.  Here, let's have someone give a speech for 15 minutes and then we'll spend a half hour on a battle....25 minutes of which is just one side marching towards the firing rifles of the other side.  I almost fell asleep again watching it.

Later in the evening, I put in the first disc of the extended version of The Fellowship Of The Rings.  I knew this one was going to be a long one, and I did in fact only watch some of it, before turning it off and going to bed.  I'll watch the remainder some point soon.

But before this, my computer again got very very slow.  Locked up for a few minutes, but unlike two weeks ago or so, I did not do a hard reboot. I let it work itself out and even though I was shutting programs down to shut it off the normal way, it still took forEVER to shut any program down.  It did eventually close the way it's supposed to.  This worries me....as it does every time there's a problem with my computer.  But we'll see how it works tomorrow.

Blood Sugar Level: 129

POLT

No comments: