Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Come to the table and savor the sight....

Back in 1997, when I moved into my own first apartment, I got a coffee table at Wal-Mart.  It was a put it together yourself kinda deal.  I have no idea how much it cost anymore, but I'm sure it was under $100.

That coffee table has been with me through 12 years at the apartment, and nearly 6 years here at the house.  It's still a good table, although it's a smidge wobbley, and the legs are in constant need of tightening.

I decided it was time to get a new one.  


Mom told me about a furniture store going out of business, so we went there, but they didn't have anything I liked, or actually cheap prices.  So we went to Dentler Brother's Furniture, the place I got my sofa.   I found one, but wasn't sure  After I looked at it a bit and thought about it (it's a smidge taller and a smidge less in length than I have now) I just said, "Let's DO it!  I'll take it."  And so I paid for it.  We had to go today to get it, with my uncle's truck.  And we did.  And I remembered to get pictures!

The old one.  Looks pretty good for being 18 years old, eh?

The new one.  The four panels are some kinda stone,and are removable (that made it MUCH easier to carry.  Those panels are freakin heavy!)

And the side by side comparison.

Eighteen years....quite a long time to have a piece of furniture, especially Wal-Mart furniture.  Oh the stories that table could tell!

Anyway, he's going to a good home.  I checked with Kris if he had a coffee table, and if not, did he want one, because I had gotten a new one.  And his response was, "Hell YEAH, I'll take your old one!"  So he'll be one his way there.  I kinda doubt he'll be around for another 18 years, but I'm sure Kris and his housemates will get good use out of him.

POLT






No comments: