Saturday, July 11, 2015

Join the parade, the early days in photographs...

I'm just gonna throw this out there, I'm pretty sure I did this once before at some point in time, but I wanted to do it again here, updated.

Line-Ups to Each DC Gay Pride Parade!

1998: Me, Ag, Carl, Harley, Harold, Jeff 
Carl, Ag, Harold, Jeff

1999: Me, Ag, Amie, Johnnie 
Me, (no that's NOT Ag, it's some random drag queen), Amie, Johnnie

2000: Me, Ag, Johnnie, Paul 
Me, Paul, Ag, Johnnie

2001: Me, Ag, Johnnie, Jen (we met Randy and Brian, who we already knew on the Metro.  Also met this cute little lesbian who was going all by herself named Kendra, so we kind of adopted her for the day. And my friend Mark met us down there) 
Mark, Randy, Brian, Ag, Jen, Kendra; Me and Johnnie kneeling

2002: Me and Ag (Mark met up down there)
Ag and Me with our spoils from the parade

2003: Did not attend the Parade, due to ParisPekings' getting married that day.

2004: Me and Ag (we spent the night in DC and attended the festival on Sunday AND the Madonna Concert Sunday night!  Mark met us at the Parade.)
The pic is from the festival, it was at a 'Kissing Booth'.  Give a dollar to their charity, pick the person you want there and they'll kiss you (no lips or tongue).  I chose the cutie next to for a kiss on the cheek, Ag chose the hot guy, his kissed the back of her hand all gentlemanly-like.  When the guy snapped the pic, the cutie who had kissed me leaned up and gave me a free peck on the cheek.

2005: Me and Ag, I think Mark may have met us there.  Can't seem to find any pics.

2006: Me and Ag and my friend Gar and his boyfriend Tory.  I know I have photos somewhere of this, but where, I have no idea.

2007: Me and Ag and her future husband Andrew 
Me, Ag, Andrew's forehead and grey hair behind her...and really, that's as much of him as I need to have in any photo

2008: Me and Michelle, and her brother Rich and his girlfriend Cara, and Konrad.
Me, Konrad (sigh), Michelle, Rich, Cara

2009: Me and Stratcat
StratCat and me

2010: Me (and only me...although VUBOQ did meet me there at the end of the Parade)
Me and VUBOQ

2011: Me, StratCat and her cousin CC (VUBOQ met us there)
CC, Me, StratCat

VUBOQ and Me

2012: Me, StratCat, CC and her son Josh, Paul and his boyfriend Travis
Josh, CC, StratCat, Me, Paul, Travis (top to bottom, descending the escalator)

2013: Me, StratCat, CC, Josh and his boyfriend Justin, Paul and Travis
Justin, Josh, Me, Paul, Travis

CC, StratCat (the Ladies Auxiliary)

2014: Me, Stratcat, CC, Josh, and Derick
Josh, Me, Derick

StratCat, CC (the Ladies Auxiliary)

2015: Me, StratCat, CC, Josh
StratCat, Me, CC, Josh

POLT

















No comments: