Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 210)...

Chapter 7, Page 28...

Let me just say first off, I HATE this kind of muggy hot weather.  BLECH!

I've been sleeping with the a/c on (well in fact LIVING with the a/c on).  When I woke up Tuesday morning, I had a scratchy throat.  I dont know if it was from the a/c, allergies, or if I'm getting a summer cold.  Over the day, I figured it wasn't the first, because I felt congested and had a slight headache, so it's probably one of the latter two.  Lovely.

Anyway, I got to work without issue.  And work was kinda busy.  I put off a few things until Wednesday, but I still got some stuff done. Gotta prioritize dontcha know?  They were having lasagna and garlic bread for lunch and work, and I wasn't feeling it, nor the carbs it entailed, so instead I went out.  To Panera.  I had the You Pick Two: a chicken Caeser salad (totes healthy) and half a ham and swiss sandwich (not as healthy).  But they certainly were both VERY tasty!

After work, with mom's help, I had two things to accomplish: getting my new coffee table home, and getting my car to the mechanic to he could change my oil Wednesday.  Here was the plan:

Mom would take her car to her brother's house and leave it there while she drove his pickup to her place (this is, by the way, the ONLY thing she could remember.  So she gave up trying to remember the rest of it and just focused on this one thing).  Then, when I got home from work, and changed my clothes, I'd call her.  Then we'd both drive to the mechanic's.  I'd leave my car there, get in the pickup with her, and off we'd go to get the coffee table.  Once we had it, we'd bring it back to my place, get it inside and set up and then we'd take the pickup to fill up the gas tank.  Then back to my uncle's to drop the pickup off and then get mom's car and come home.  And that's what we did.

Well, except for a detour to the Chinese buffet for supper.  Then she dropped me off here and went home.  I hung out and was online for a bit and watched a little tv.  I texted Kris to see if he wanted my old coffee table, which he did.  Now, Thursday night, I have to get the legs off of it, switch cars with mom (cause it'll fit in hers, with the backseat down but not mine at all) and get it loaded into her car.  I'll take it to work, and since Kris lives in the same town as I work in, and to save myself a useless trip back to my town here, after work, I'll drive to his place and unload it.

But I was pretty tired, after not having slept the best the night before.  So I went up to bed before 9PM.  Didn't go to sleep right away, of course.  I read some and was on my phone a bit.  And then I turned out the light and went to sleep.

Blood Sugar Level: 129

POLT

No comments: