Thursday, July 16, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 197)...

Chapter 7, Page 15...

This morning, as per usual, I didn't want to get up and got up a bit later than usual.  The night before, when I shut my latptop down, it told me it had updates to install, so I just went to bed.  When I got downstairs in the morning, though, it was still attempting to install the first of 15 updates!  After more than 8 hours.  Had to be a screw up.

So i did a hard reboot and just turned it off.  I thought I'm gonna stress about whether this is broken or not all day if I don't check it now.  So i restarted it.  And it took a LONG time to restart.  And I'm thinking I have GOT to get to work.  So I just left.

And of COURSE, all day I was stressed about it.  Would I come home and find it waiting for me to put in my password, as always, or would there be a bluescreen of death (or the equivalent) saying my computer was dead (or the equivalent)?

The day at work, in addition to the stress of the possible computer death, was a crazy, hectic day like Tuesday had been.  And again, for all departments.  Just crazy.  Was like it was a full moon or something.  But I got done what I needed to, and put off stuff I could put off, and in the end, made it through the day.

When I left work, I got a text from Derick.  He wanted to play.  Hell, after the day I had, I NEEDED to play.  So off to his place I went, straight from work, and we had our usual amazing bedtimsexxyfun.

I came home, and found the computer waiting for my password.  Heaving a sigh of relief, I entered it...and the computer worked just fine.  I swear, computers are great, until they aren't.  I mean, without a computer, I feel almost like I lost a limb or something.  Even having Internet access through my phone doesn't help a whole lot (although it does help.  It takes from CRISIS mode, to a crisis I can manage mode).

Anyway, I putzed around online a bit.  The gathered up the trash and took it out.  And walked to Rutters to get some food for supper.  After eating it, I just hung out at the house doing the usual (although I did spend a frustrating 15 minutes trying to get mom to the right place on Facebook to see all the photos from Paint Nite.  She used a computer for YEARS at work, and she uses her computer and Tablet every day, but damn, it takes forever to explain to her the simplest things sometimes.  Bless her soul.)  After this, I went to bed and read a bit before going to sleep.

Blood Sugar Level: 204

POLT

No comments: