Friday, July 10, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 191)...

Chapter 7, Page 9...

When the alarm went off Thursday, I was so VERY tempted to just say screw it call in and take the day.  But after going over the pros and cons, and wasting about a half hour, I just said, "Oh SCREW it, I'll go in."  And got up, showered, dressed and did just that.

After the staff meeting first thing, I decided to just say screw it and leave at noon.  So I put my slip in, and then got some stuff done before it was time to leave, at noon.

After work, I got a bottle of Asti (more on that later), and then went through Taco Bell drive thru, and then home to eat it.  I putzed online.  I read, finishing up the current Doctor Who book, but not starting another, and then ended up napping for an hour.

Right as I was getting ready to leave, about 4, I got a text from Derick, wanting to play.  But I told him I couldn't, so we scheduled it for Friday after work.  Then, with bottle of Asti in hand, I headed out.

By friend Michelle was having a get together with two other mutual friends, and I.  I got to her house first.  Over the course of the next three hours, the other two arrived, we feasted on pizza, shrimp, brownies, and veggies and dip.  NOM!  And we all drank copious amounts of wine or Asti (well *I* had the Asti, the others drank the wine).  And we talked and hung out and socialized and just had a pretty damn good time.

I left a little after 8PM, consuming several brownies right before I left.  I got home, safely, and then watched a bit of TV while I was on the computer again.  And then I went to bed, read just a little bit, and then to sleep.

Blood Sugar Level: 211 (pretty high, but after all that bad food so late, I was somewhat pleased that it was only that high)

POLT

No comments: