Thursday, July 23, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 204)...

Chapter 7, Page 22...

So Wednesday, I got up for and to work without problems.  I got things done in the morning I needed to.

Now, as an aside here, I have, in my office, the 'candy mug'.  Which is, a mug I keep filled with candy.  Coworkers (but not clients) and welcome to help themselves to a piece of candy anytime they want some.  And quite a few of them will throw some coins or dollar bills in to the mug in return to help defray the cost to me of buying the candy.

I go to Sam's Club to get the candy, in the big 'industrial' bags, two or three bags at a time.  These bags generally last three weeks or so.  And I can assure you this is NOT a money making effort on my part.  It does in fact, end of costing me money to do so.  But I've been doing almost since my first day there 19 years ago, and I know my coworkers enjoy it.  And it gives me people to talk to throughout the day and so on, so I do it.

On Saturday, I filled the mug up with the last of the candy.  My goal was to get to Sam's over the weekend, but I did not.  And Tuesday, some people came in for candy and cleared the mug out.  Therefore I had no candy.

On Wednesday, it seemed EVERYONE was coming in for candy.  Even people that don't usually come by for candy, were coming by, and finding an empty mug.  So after lunch, I decided to do something about it.

I went to Sam's Club.  It's close by my work, and I drove there, got the four bags of candy, paid for them, and drove back, all in like 20 minutes or so (certainly less than a half hour).  And then my coworkers had candy!

Plus, I needed to just get away from work for a short while, and this filled that need.  And it was a beaufitul day outside, so I enjoyed going out in it.

Late in the afternoon, mom called to see what I was doing to for supper, and when I told her nothing, she asked if I wanted some wings from Rutters. I have been raving about them to her (just like I probably have on here) and told we'll have to try them sometime.  And today was the day she wanted to try them.

So I got home from work and settled in, and then shortly thereafter, she showed up, wings in hand.  She had actually walked from her house, to Rutters, and then to my house (something she wont be able to do from the cottage!).  And we enjoyed them here.  And she agreed they were good, although I don't think she was going nuts for them like I do.  And then we talked for a bit.

After she left, I putzed around online, and then settled in to watch the remainder of the Two Towers, which I did get all the way through.  After this I went to bed, read some, and attempted to sleep (more on that tomorrow)

Blood Sugar Level: 183

POLT

No comments: