Thursday, July 30, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 211)...

Chapter 7, Page 29...

Wednesday, I got to work a bit early actually.  Work itself was okay, I had a meeting and had to get some stuff done beforehand for it, and did.  And afterwards, I had a bunch of resulting paperwork, which I didn't actually wrap up until Thursday.  The rest of the work day was, ya know, just a work day.

After work, I driving home, in mom's car (I dropped mine off to get the oil changed, remember) and my phone beeps, twice.  I see the mechanic has left me two messages.  I dont get service at work, so even though he left them both before 12:30, I didn't actually get them until after 4.  Lovely.  He NEVER calls me with anything, unless it's a problem. A bad problem. WONDERFUL.  I don't bother to call him back, cause I'm like ten minutes away so I just drive.

When I get there, I apologize and explain why i didn't call back.  Long story short, my battery, which was probably the original 7 year old battery was dead.  And it needed replaced.  And when he couldn't reach me, he just went ahead and did it, cause it HAD to be done, he didn't want to have it leave me sit somewhere in the next day or two.  And I actually was fine with it.  I trust him with things like that, I've been taking my cars to him since the early 90s.  But the bill, for everything was like $250 bucks or so.  So Discover Card loves me even more now (after using it for the $650 car trouble a few months back and for the coffee table earlier in the week).

I got home, changed cars with mom, and came home.  I needed to go to the Post Office and get gas, so I did, and while I was out and about, I got some fast food.  I also noticed that now ALL the dashboard lights that aren't supposed to be on, are NOT on.....except for the passenger airbag on.  It's blinking.  *SIGH*  I checked the manual, and it said the bag may or may not deploy properly, take it to a dealer.  And I thought, pfffft, I never have passengers anyway.  It's not gonna make my car blow up.  Fuck it.  When I take it to get the oil changed in the fall, I'll just have him look at it then.

So I got home and ate the fast food.  And while I was putzing around online, I got messaged by a fuckbuddy who wanted to stop by.  And so shortly, some bedtimesexxyfun ensued.  Following this, I was online just a bit more and then went to bed, read and then to sleep.

Blood Sugar Level: 149

POLT

No comments: