Monday, March 05, 2007

He won the lottery and died the next day...

So, today, I started training. The week of training. First, though, I got there a bit early (way unusual, I know), and I made sure I found my friend whom I had the screaming match with on Friday. I caught her in the hallway, and told her we needed to get this resolved, and we were both right and both wrong, but we need to get this taken care of cause she was one of the few people there who is really liked and who was decent. Her response was "You're just like everyone else that works here, whatever." And turned and walked away.

So i thought, "That went well. Well, there's nothing more I can do. I tried." I turned and walked away. Luckily, I didn't even walk a minute before I heard her call me. She was back at the place we talked. I came back. She told me She was really hurt, and upset after it happened, and etc, etc, etc. And we commiserated, and hugged and made up. So I suppose everything's cool on that end, which is GREAT.

Then i went to training. Ugh. The morning wasn't bad. Lunch was great, got to eat in a decent restaurant. Afternoon...well, this illustrates the competancy of those in charge of my company. Allow me to explain:

They contracted for this lady to come in to do three hours of training for the 7 week period of our training (a different batch of employees are in each week's class). After doing so, the bosses realized then that they actually had NINE weeks worth of training. They checked back with the lady, and she said she'd do it, sure...for $150 an hour. And the bosses decided they weren't gonna pay that. So, last week, the 7th week, they videotaped her. And they were gonna play it back for the final two weeks, mine and next week's.

Of course, no one bothered to check the tape or do a trial run or anything before today's class. SO when the time came...well firstly, they couldn't get the VCR to work. So they brought the videocamera in to just play it through that....except they didn't have the cords to connect them. So eventually they found them, and the tape started...which then revealed that the tape was kinda deficient. It kept skipping and the volume kept going out and coming back in and such. Not that any of us really was watching it. One was reading a magazine, another was reading the newspaper and doing the crossword. One lady was knitting. Three of us playing 'hangman'. I think another guy was sleeping. the lady on the tape was SO damn boring, just standing there talking and talking and talking and talking etc, etc, etc. She did move her hands and arms a lot, though. Like all the time. I was so bored that I eventually found myself impersonating her hands movements. When the time for testing came, we took a group test.

*SIGH*...only four more days....

POLT

I'd do him in a heartbeat, if I wasn't so damn fertile. - Ida, Beauty Shop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your friend decided to accept your apology, she almost missed her chance.

I know when I am really hurt I get angry first but I try not to hold onto it for too long, it just eats me up and the other person usually does not even know it.

People are fragile sometimes.

Onanite