Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'm like 300 and something, but I'm still alive..

So, yeah, I went to see The 300 this week. Enjoyed it. It's filled with droolable eye candy. And I think if we clothed all our soldiers now as did the Spartans then, well...we might not have a better fighting force, but you'd have one much more worth looking at.

At any rate, aside from that, I did like it. The look of the movie is outstanding, much like Sin City, which I believe had the same director. And fighting scenes were riveting. At several points, it's readily obvious that this comes form a graphic novel, as some scenes look like a panel from a comic book. the acting, well, it's what can be expected. And the script is frankly a bit over the top and melodramatic, but that's to be expected too. It is what it is, and it's damn good at what it is as well.

My personal favorite was teh son of the captain, I forget his name. but he's got the body, the smile, the hair even....ooh...nice. His name is Tom Wisdom and this is the first time I can recall seeing him in anything...although I wouldn't mind seeing him in nothing at all. *BA-DUM-BUM* Thanks, I'll be here all week, try the veal!

Anyway, here's a few photos of him from the movie, and then a scene in which he's fighting from the movie. He's the first Spartan you'll see, he with the beautiful bangs flowing all over the screen......





*SIGH*....

POLT Oil: 60.30 (+.73); Gas: 2.59 (+.04)

The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon. - Kury Vonnegut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you really like him, he was also on a campy soap on BBC America called Mile High. Just take a wild guess what that show is about...
And the guy he's in the clip with was also on another BBC America show called Hex, sort of a more dark Charmed.