Saturday, March 24, 2007

Friends unconsciously rolling through...

In the last week, I've gotten a bit of news from several friends of mine.

I've known that AJ was going to be a father soon, but just this week, he found out it was going to be a boy. He was the sonogram. When they told him, he left the room and bawled like a baby in the hallway. He's looking forward to fatherhood, unforntuately, he and the mother are having some issues, some serious, some just melodrama. AJ would like them to be together for the baby, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. At any rate, I'm happy for him, he was looking forward to a son.


I spoke to Freddie this evening. He's doing fine. The meds seem to be working, cause he didn't sound like he was in any pain. he ate some Jello today, ravioli cut into very small pieces, chicken borth with real tiny pasta in it, popsicles, and actually had three pieces of Chex Mix, but didn't even attempt the hard little breadstick that comes with them. Actually, considering the problems he has with needles and blood and paing and stuff, he's handling this all quite well. I'm proud of him. And he sent me a few photos, in this one, you can kind of see how the side of his face is a bit swollen. but even swollen, ain't he a cutie?


Thursday night, I was at the computer when I got suddenly got a text message from Johnnie. It read simply "I just shook Rendell's hand." Ed Rendell is Pennsylvania's governor, for those who don't know. Johnnie and I both like him. Johnnie was waiting for some friends at a restaurant or something, and saw him standing nearby with his security detail. So Johnnie went over introduced himself, shook his hand, and told him he liked his new initiatives hes' trying to get through. Rendell shook his hand, thanked him, and then walked off. I laughed. It was obvious Johnnie was not a rich person, and therefore not able to contribute anything to his campaigns, so why spend a lot of time with the kids, ya know?


Also, probably ten years ago or so, Johnnie introduced me to his friend Paul. I liked Paul, he was a fun guy. Slightly weird but fun...like me. Over time, he got involved in drugs, arrested, overdosed, went into rehab recovered, and then kinda just drifted out of both our lives. Frankly, I thought he had probably overdosed and was dead. Then, just earlier this week, Paul contacted me via MySpace. We talked on the phone, attempted to get together Friday, but that didn't work out. So now, we're shooting for Monday. That outta be cool, I really catch up with the guy, see how's he doing, what he's been up to. I'm actually pretty excited about it all. (Paul currently works at Tabo Bell, hence the icon...but its subject to change.)

Also, today was possbily THE weirdest day at work. There wasn't work to be done, so I spent a portion of the afternoon in anther department with two females reading the 99 Sex Facts from the latest issues of Cosmo, and watched the compare and contrast their breasts, watched them flex thier breasts with just thier muscles like guys do thier pecs, listened to them discuss the benefits of leather restraints versus handcuffs, and talk about making something called 'scalded crackers'. yeah, I don't know what it was either, and i was there!

Oh and by the way, one my most FAVORITE blogs is Puntabulous , Craig and Olivia are jsut hilarious in their posts. If you haven't checked it out before, click here, and read. And then tell me you didn't at least smile while reading it. Honestly, Parker's face in the last shot with Olivia just makes me laugh myself silly every time I see it!

POLT

There were two controversial films that came out in 2004. One being the "Passion of the Christ" and the other "Fahrenheit 911". The difference between them is one is about a man who thinks he is the son of God, and the other is about Jesus.

7 comments:

Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig said...

Oh how I love my Polt

Anonymous said...

How come we work at the same place, but yet, you always seem to have more fun then I do???

Anonymous said...

I am glad Freddie is feeling okay.... Hope it keeps up.

Onanite

Polt said...

Stratcat43, I'm not sure why that's the case, but then I have no idea who you are. Perhaps if I did, I'd be able to include you in more of the fun happenings going on!

Polt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh - visit me at www.stratcatonline.com

C'mon we car pool together sometimes!!!