Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Through all the good and bad...

My Day

Bad: Woke up to find it was snowing.
Good: Only snowed 4 inches total. Soft powdery snow, not wet, sticky or icy.
Bad: Had training so I had to go to work.
Good: It was CPR/First Aid day, always a laid back day.
Bad: Found out we each had our own individual mannequin, so we ALL had to do ALL the stuff on the tape.
Good: Had a new tape, one not made in 1990, with cheesy clothes and hairstyles, and some actually pretty hot guys in it.
Bad: Had to be on our knees on a think blanket on the hard floor a good protion of the morning. My knees still ache. Next year, I'm taking knee pads.
Good: Got through all the stuff easily and the first time.
Bad: Actually had to do all the reps. 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes, 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes, 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes, 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes, 30 chest compressions, 2 breathes. I was sweating, my back lower ached, my shoulders were sore, my knees (of course) were sore, and I was exhausted. After the second set of compressions!
Good: Had lunch at a Mexican restaurant.
Bad: Had to get back on the floor and roll around a bit more with the damn mannequins (although this one was probably worse for the guy behind me)
Good: Due to the weather, we finished up and were excused at 2:30, an hour and a half before we're supposed to be.
Bad: Couldn't get my car up arond the 90 degree turn into my offstreet parking lot. So I had to park at my parents house and walk home.
Good: Got home in time to watch both episodes of Voyager airing today.
Bad: Fell asleep on the couch for 20 minutes of the first one.
Good: Had a relaxing night here at home.
Bad: I am freaking BEAT! Probably going to bed about 900.

All in all.....I think day is a wash.

POLT

"When you see how much your body is worth, you'll wish you had died years ago! - Rom, Star Trek: Deep Space 9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, you're usually pretty good at pumping and blowing. maybe you were just having an off day, or perhaps the mood wasn't right. next year you should try dimming the lights and lighting a candle. :-P

Anonymous said...

don't all gay guys own several sets of knee pads???

Fairy Godfather

Polt said...

obviously, I've worn mine out. :)

A Bronx Tale said...

the sacrifice of knowing how to save's ones life.

you never know who you'll save one day.

might be a canadian.