Monday, March 19, 2007

To get on the bus that takes me to you...

I just a few minutes ago, finished watching Shortbus.



What an outstanding movie. Yes, there is explicit full on sex, both straight, gay, bisexual, S&M, a little bit of every kind. And most of the actors are pretty hot. BUT that's not what makes the movie great. It is a deep commentary on life, love, isolation, depression, relationship, sex, the big city....I kept going back to how someone can feel so alone, so isolated, in a city like New York. And how people connect to one another. It touched me. When the last song was being sung in Shortbus, I actually teared up. Not because I was sad or happy, but just because I was that touched by the whole experience.

No the movie is not for everyone, msot definitely not. But if you're open-minded enough to get around the sex, or rather not get bogged down by it, the characters and the growth and changes they go through, the discoveries they make, well, I can't say enough good things about it.

POLT

Well, I was standing out in a field and I had this huge satellite dish sticking out of my butt and then there were hundreds of cows, and aliens, and then I went up on the ship and Scott Baio gave me pinkeye. - Cartman, South Park

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have been wanting to see that movie! Thanks for the review!