Wednesday, November 07, 2007

No dough, and plenty back pain...

Tuesday night, last week, we had dad's memorial visiting time. Mom and I stood and greeted everyone for three hours. Everything was fine, physically, until we sat down. he legs started hurting, and my lower back was in pain. It was like the muscles in my lower back had all tightened up and refused to un-tighten. Things got better, but over the next few days, at times, the back pain would flare up again. mom and I were at Wal-Mart for no more than half an hour, and it started hurting. I helped her clean out the garage on Monday, and it started hurting before too long into it. It made bending over painful and difficult.

Yesterday was election day here in PA. I'm judge of elections for our precinct, so I was at the polls from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm. And I had to frequently stand. As the day went on, the back pain grew a litle stronger and stronger. I kept bending over and trying to stretch it out. It was okay when I sat, but in the late afternoon, if I sat for too long, it started hurting again. Nonetheless, when I got home, there wasn't too much pain.

Well this morning, when I tried to get out of bed, the muscles were so tight, I couldn't even stand up. I had to stay bent over. And it hurt! I called into work and took the day off. Then i took some Advil, rubbed some Ben-Gay on it, and went back to bed. I slept in until about 215 in the afternoon. I mean slept straight through. Good deep sleep. Who knew I was that tired, although I hadn't slept well the night before. But when I got up this time, the back was only a small pain, and as i stood and stretched, it felt better.

i don't know what I'm gonna do with this. I'm hoping it just eventually un-tightens on its own. but if it doesn't, I guess I'll have to just go to the doctor about it.

but, geez, how out of shape do I have to be that I can injure my back just by standing there and doing nothing??????

POLT

Listening, still, to Star Trek Voyager

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With all the stress you have been under it is not surprising you have pain. I hope you fell well soon.

Onanite