Tuesday, November 13, 2007

When I was twelve, at summer camp (part 5)...

12 For The 12th
Okay, first of all, I KNOW this is the 13th, not the twelth. I took all these photos on the 12th, though. I just forgot to post them yesterday. So I'm doing it now. Deal with it.


9:30am
Mom and I went to visit the lawyers. Even though it was Veterans' Day, he came in special, just to talk to us. Mom wanted to change the will, since dad died, and talk over a few other things. It took us about an hour.


11:00am
I did some laundry at mom's after the lawyer appointment.


11:45am
I sat down to read. I propped my feet up, and Angel, mom's dog, jumped right up and laid between my legs. She slept while I read.


11:50am
And this would be me reading. Yesterday, when I opened this book, I was on page 179. Later in the day, I finished it, to page 428. Now granted, it wasn't a hard read, but the book was so engrossing, I couldn't put it down until i finished.


12:19pm
At 11:30, mom went to lunch with two of her friends: a guy she went to school with and his wife. They were gone for about two hours. While they were gone, it was my responsibility to keep the fire going in the woodstove, as that's how she heats the house. And I did so quite well.


3:25pm
When they all returned, we sat around and talked for about an hour. Then they left, and mom and I had to leave for another appointment. She and I walked downtown for this, going through the alleyway.


4:20pm
Our appointment was with mom's financail advisor. they had to change a bunch of IRA's and stuff over to just her name. And I went with her for all this. I was kinda lost, cause financial stuff, and economics, and stuff that are just NOT what my mind is wired for. Never has been. Can't even balance my checkbook to save my life.


5:30pm
I returned home afterwards and watched some TV. I fell asleep for roughly and hour and a half. It was a nice nap. (this photo is obviously a re-enactment, as i took it myself. But I feel pretty certain this is what I looked like at that time)


7:00pm
For supper, I just broke down and ordered a pizza: thin crust, pepperoni, extra cheese and beef. Yummy.


9:00pm
I sat down to watch the Monday Night Football game. The Seahawks won, which meant I wont $150 bucks at work, as detailed below. And yes, that is my feet in the thier comfy Totes Toasties. And yes, that is the mess that is my apartment.


10:10pm
During halftime, I sorted through some of the clothes I had laundered earlier in the day. These would be the socks and undies.


11:35pm
I talked to Freddie. he told me his schedule for next semester. He told me he and his friends were heading for Wa-Wa to get something to eat (at 11;30 at night...*SIGH* to be in college again). And after we said our "I love you's" and "Goodbyes" I hung up and went to bed.

And that's the day that was the 12th of November, 2007
POLT
Listening to "Bend And Break" by Keane

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Great pix! I bet Angel misses your dad and was happy to have you as a sub for awhile. Very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Keep the home fires burning...No Polt, your Mom said throw another LOG on the fire! haha
Love the pictorial of a day in teh life...

Anonymous said...

Okay, why did it publish my comment before I was done? It usually takes me an hour just to correct the spelling. Dyslexia is hell.