Sunday, November 25, 2007

A sniper at a birthday party...

Yesterday, when i got off work, I had a message on my cell from A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking's wife. She was asking me what I was doing last night. I called and told them nothing, so they invited me over to thier place to celebrate my 40th birthday.

I got there. Both of the little ParisPekings were up and playing. And man, were they funny. We had pizza, and afterwards, we had, in the words of Abby ParisPeking, "some BURSS-day cake". ALCMDPP slaved for hours over this cake...or so he said. I knew it was more like slaving seconds in front of the cake counter at Martins grocery store.


The candles were hand selected for me, because as ALCMDPP said, they were rainbowish and not quite straight, just like me. Abby and I blew the candles out, and then we ate the cake.


Katie, just a bit over a year, had a clump of cake just put on her high-chair. She proceeded to eat it, but I think she got MORE of the cake on her face. And her hair. And her clothes. And the floor. And probably some on the dog, as well. (I unfortunately being 40 now and old, forgot to take my camera with me. Susan took some photos, one of which was of Katie all messed up with my cake. I was kinda hoping she'd send me that one too, but only sent me these.)

After the cake, it was bubblebath time for Abby. I helped clean Katie off a bit, while ALCMDPP was cleaning the table, and Susan was watching Abby in the tub. But before long, both girls were squeaky clean and in their jammies. And soon after that, they were in bed. The remainder of us watched "Knocked Up", a funny film, but kinda long and not at all as funny as i heard it was supposed to be. but it was enjoyable.

And after this, I left. But I had a fun evening. And I'm glad they invited me over because I didn't really want to be alone the night after i broke up with my boyfriend and the night before I turned 40. It was great to have something to do with someone.

I suppose, when you're gonna turn 40, you find out, through invitations, or a thoughtful email, or funny card, or pleasant phone call, who your real friends are.

POLT

Listening to the Seahawks-Rams football game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know 40 is the new 20 right?

m_o_o_nspells said...

Happy birthday sweetie!
I am so sorry that things ended the way they did with Freddy...
*huge hugs*

Doug said...

Happy Birthday! And stratcat speaks the truth.

Anonymous said...

Oh man did I miss your Birthday? And with a counter and everything. Damn. Well happy belated birthday my brother!

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday my friend!

HUGS

And since it's your birthday, may I offer you a blowjob?